PDA

View Full Version : are you an avid chocolate eater

kronas
28-08-2003, 02:17
well then read this..............

research carried out in chicago has shown that dark chocolate could lower your blood pressure

dark chocolate contains a substance called polyphenols the same ingredient which other research has shown to have a benifical impact from red wine

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/08/26/Consumers/chocolate_030826

Xaccers
28-08-2003, 02:39
But dark chocolate tastes so awful :sick:

Lord Nikon
28-08-2003, 02:51
I prefer white chocolate or milk.....

Chimaera
28-08-2003, 08:39
Mmmmm.......milk chocolate,hite choc, plain choc in that order.
And a trip to CadburyWorld for dessert!! :D

timewarrior2001
28-08-2003, 10:08
I eat dark chocolate all the time but my blood pressure is high :( :shrug:

Jules
28-08-2003, 12:22
I hate dark chocolate I can't eat white chocolate but milk chocolate oh yes i live on it :D

Ramrod
28-08-2003, 12:40
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
I eat dark chocolate all the time but my blood pressure is high :( :shrug: A good dose of leeches should bring the blood pressure down:D

Lord Nikon
28-08-2003, 15:42
Originally posted by Ramrod
A good dose of leeches should bring the blood pressure down:D

Just let one dissolve slowly under the tongue :D - (Quote credited to edmund blackadder)

MadGamer
29-08-2003, 14:15
Can't eat chocolate im "diabetic" but i can eat diabetic chocolate though still tastes very nice

Dave Stones
29-08-2003, 14:29
Originally posted by WNA
Can't eat chocolate im "diabetic" but i can eat diabetic chocolate though still tastes very nice

what the hell is diabetic chocolate made of? i treid some a while ago and it tasted rank...

Nemesis
29-08-2003, 15:48
Originally posted by WNA

My wife is diabetic and was told to avoid all the 'diabetic' food and stick to normal stuff !!

ntluser
31-08-2003, 11:52
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
I eat dark chocolate all the time but my blood pressure is high :( :shrug:

Plain chocolate does lower blood pressure to a degree but it's possible that something else in you diet may be raising it e.g. salt.

Blood pressure can only really be lowered by exercise and changes in diet. Walking for an hour per day and having a diet containing oily fish, garlic, tofu, pasta and high-fibre country grain bread help.

Might also be helpful to replace sugar with honey as it is anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. Taking Vitamins C and E Drinking help. 8 glasses of water containing a few teaspoonfuls of vinegar daily aids digestion and reduces acid indigestion and heartburn.

So it's still possible to have a fun diet and eat plain chocolate and reduce blood pressure all at the same time.

It's true what they say. You are what you eat!!

kink
31-08-2003, 20:47
Originally posted by ntluser
[Snippity snip]......

It's true what they say. You are what you eat!!

And to think all this time i thought i was a woman.... and i'm actually a bar of chocolate :shrug: ;)

The benefits of eating good quality chocolate, high in cocoa solids, has been known for a long time... it's actually all the high in additives and sugars/fat chocolate products that make people put on weight and engender other unhealthy side effects.
Chocolate also helps to give you an endorphin rush.... makes you happy :D
Until you look in the mirror a couple of weeks later and see that the chocolate has miraculously leapt OUT of the wrapper and attached itself to parts of your body without your permission :grind: Then the endorphin rush disappears as quickly as it appeared ;)

I've just got back from Switzerland... the home of great chocolate... so i'm a very happy bunny.... and if we are what we eat as ntluser suggests, then i'm a big happy chocolate bunny :D

ntluser
31-08-2003, 21:15
Originally posted by kink
And to think all this time i thought i was a woman.... and i'm actually a bar of chocolate :shrug: ;)

The benefits of eating good quality chocolate, high in cocoa solids, has been known for a long time... it's actually all the high in additives and sugars/fat chocolate products that make people put on weight and engender other unhealthy side effects.
Chocolate also helps to give you an endorphin rush.... makes you happy :D
Until you look in the mirror a couple of weeks later and see that the chocolate has miraculously leapt OUT of the wrapper and attached itself to parts of your body without your permission :grind: Then the endorphin rush disappears as quickly as it appeared ;)

I've just got back from Switzerland... the home of great chocolate... so i'm a very happy bunny.... and if we are what we eat as ntluser suggests, then i'm a big happy chocolate bunny :D

How 'sweet' you are!!

I bet you must be in your element when Easter comes round!!

Shaun
31-08-2003, 21:22
Originally posted by kronas
well then read this..............

research carried out in chicago has shown that dark chocolate could lower your blood pressure

dark chocolate contains a substance called polyphenols the same ingredient which other research has shown to have a benifical impact from red wine

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/08/26/Consumers/chocolate_030826

I read in The Times (or it may have been New Scientist), that if you have milk with your chocolate it counteracts all the goodness.:(

oh, and :welcome: back Kinky Kink.;)

kink
01-09-2003, 21:54
Originally posted by dellwear
I read in The Times (or it may have been New Scientist), that if you have milk with your chocolate it counteracts all the goodness.:(

oh, and :welcome: back Kinky Kink.;)

hello Dell :kiss:
IMHO.... milk counteracts any goodness in anything!!!! It is evil and anyone who drinks it whilst eating chocolate doesn't deserve to benefit from the goodness that eating chocolate will impart :p
Doesn't milk line the stomach? could that prevent the 'goodness' from being absorbed? Or would your throwing up immediately after having drunk it bring up the chocolately goodness too? ;)
Or is it the enzymes in the milk that does it?

I think i've already said..... milk is evil...... long live chocolate :D

Stuart
01-09-2003, 22:03
hello Dell :kiss:
IMHO.... milk counteracts any goodness in anything!!!! It is evil and anyone who drinks it whilst eating chocolate doesn't deserve to benefit from the goodness that eating chocolate will impart :p

Milk? Evil generally, or just with chocolate?

Ramrod
01-09-2003, 22:13
Originally posted by scastle
Milk? Evil generally, or just with chocolate? Both!:D

kink
01-09-2003, 22:54
Milk? Evil generally, or just with chocolate?

Both!:D

YES YES YES YES !!!!
Just wanted to be able to say that to the both of you at the same time :naughty: :D

Stuart
01-09-2003, 22:56
YES YES YES YES !!!!
Just wanted to be able to say that to the both of you at the same time :naughty: :D

Ohhh Missus...

kink
01-09-2003, 23:32
Ohhh Missus...

Shouldn't that be Ohhh Missus.... pass me the squeezy chocolate bottle to keep it on topic? :p

Like eating chocolate, this is certainly good for my health and gets my endorphins rushing :D

Stuart
01-09-2003, 23:43
Shouldn't that be Ohhh Missus.... pass me the squeezy chocolate bottle to keep it on topic? :p

Like eating chocolate, this is certainly good for my health and gets my endorphins rushing :D

An interesting use for chocolate...

Mmmmm squeezy chocolate...

Actually, chocolate wise, I am happy to eat virtually any chocolate...

homealone
01-09-2003, 23:48

If you're not careful I'll do my Leslie Phillips voice:eek:

I thought endorphins only killed the pain? - but no!

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/indepth.food/sweets/chocolate.cravings/index.html

:smokin:

kronas
02-09-2003, 01:54
YES YES YES YES !!!!

well i can shoot!!! what looks like white chocolate :p ;) :eek:

kink
02-09-2003, 22:43
Originally posted by homealone
If you're not careful I'll do my Leslie Phillips voice:eek:

I thought endorphins only killed the pain? - but no!

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/indepth.food/sweets/chocolate.cravings/index.html

:smokin:

Now gaz..... you didn't trust me and checked, didn't you? I'm hurt :cry:
Now you should know by now that i didn't go to Geneva and come back with a truck load of chocolate for nothing :naughty:
Chocolate? Better than sex? Well..... only if you can finish using it before it melts and become useless :p :D

Stuart
02-09-2003, 22:47
only if you can finish using it before it melts and become useless :p :D

That can happen in sex as well... Not that I have experiance of it happening...

homealone
02-09-2003, 23:04
Now gaz..... you didn't trust me and checked, didn't you? I'm hurt :cry:
Now you should know by now that i didn't go to Geneva and come back with a truck load of chocolate for nothing :naughty:
Chocolate? Better than sex? Well..... only if you can finish using it before it melts and become useless :p :D

not checking - just learning all the time:D

- and best would be both, I imagine;) Whichever lasts longest turning out to be the enduring memory, no doubt:p:D

Maggy
02-09-2003, 23:20
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Chocolate:drool:

Incog.:drool:

Shaun
02-09-2003, 23:23

You dirty little skank. Just like that whore you fancy, Bovril boy.:D :D ;)

kink
02-09-2003, 23:42
Originally posted by Incognitas
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Chocolate:drool:

Incog.:drool:

Let me see if i can make you drool even more..... i just got back from Geneva... with no luggage..... just the carrier bags of chocolate i dragged though the airport.... :drool: :drool:

:p

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 23:45
That can happen in sex as well... Not that I have experiance of it happening... davestones does:D

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 23:46
Let me see if i can make you drool even more..... i just got back from Geneva... with no luggage..... just the carrier bags of chocolate i dragged though the airport.... :drool: :drool:

:p and arn't the Swiss nice people:D

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 23:46
YES YES YES YES !!!!
Just wanted to be able to say that to the both of you at the same time :naughty: :D rotfpmsl:D

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 23:51
well i can shoot!!! what looks like white chocolate :p ;) :eek: :nono: :D

Ramrod
02-09-2003, 23:52
Bovril boy.:D :D ;) :rofl:

kink
02-09-2003, 23:56
As the lovely Dr Plummer often says Ramrod..... don't you know how to use the edit function??? :D

:rofl:

Shaun
02-09-2003, 23:59
As the lovely Dr Plummer often says Ramrod..... don't you know how to use the edit function??? :D

He also says :notopic: alot! :erm: :D

Ramrod
03-09-2003, 00:05

:rofl: Look. After one bottle of wine. Your lucky I can type, let alone edit:D

kink
03-09-2003, 00:12
Look. After one bottle of wine. Your lucky I can type, let alone edit:D

And there's you mentioning Dave Stones in this thread too..... now i wonder why your last post may have brought him to mind :naughty:

And just for Dell..... Grum's temporary stand in..... ;)
How do other chocolate lovers feel about the european stance on english/british chocolate products not being called 'chocolate' because it is felt that they are substandard due to their low cocoa content?
What is it called instead?

homealone
03-09-2003, 00:13
Look. After one bottle of wine. Your lucky I can type, let alone edit:D

- the important thing is, - have you started on the second yet?

- can't type after one bottle can - not - EVER be an excuse!:D

Stuart
03-09-2003, 00:15
davestones does:D

Ramrod
03-09-2003, 00:16
- the important thing is, - have you started on the second yet?

- can't type after one bottle can - not - EVER be an excuse!:D Damn straight!:D
However, it is only Tuesday. Ask me again on Friday. ;)

Ramrod
03-09-2003, 00:17
How do other chocolate lovers feel about the european stance on english/british chocolate products not being called 'chocolate' because it is felt that they are substandard due to their low cocoa content?
What is it called instead? Sh*t?:D

homealone
03-09-2003, 00:19
And there's you mentioning Dave Stones in this thread too..... now i wonder why your last post may have brought him to mind :naughty:

And just for Dell..... Grum's temporary stand in..... ;)
What is it called instead?

milk fat with (x%) cocoa solids?

thank goodness for your question.!

kink
03-09-2003, 00:20
Sh*t?:D

Download Failed (1)

Mmmmmmm.... that'll be why i went to switzerland for mine :naughty:

kink
03-09-2003, 00:22
[Snippity snip]...........

thank goodness for your question.!

Ok.... not only has Ramrod been drinking...... but so have YOU!!!! ;) :p

homealone
03-09-2003, 00:26
Ok.... not only has Ramrod been drinking...... but so have YOU!!!! ;) :p

straight to the point - and correct;)

- but moving on?:p

Stuart
03-09-2003, 00:27
As Dell said in another thread: Chocolate anyone?

Stuart
03-09-2003, 00:29

If it comes out that lumpy, you have problems....

Maggy
03-09-2003, 01:08
Eeeuw!

Time for bed me thinks.Can't work out how to fix this picture in photoshop so I'd better go to bed before I get annoyed and beat up my 'puter.

Goodnight.

Incog.:sleep:

kronas
04-09-2003, 02:31
If it comes out that lumpy, you have problems....

nah its milky quite alot of it too......*ahem

You dirty little skank. Just like that whore you fancy, Bovril boy.:D :D ;)

i will start the personal insults rolling if you and the OTHERS do not refrain from abusing my saint avril :mad: :romance: :romance:

ntluser
04-09-2003, 14:00
Given the milk content of Toblerone, my favourite chocolate confection, I'll just have to enjoy myself at Christmas with the white chocolate version and hope that I can survive without it until the following Christmas.

Wonder how much chocolate you have to eat to generate enough endorphins to fight off depression for 12 months?