PDA

View Full Version : Simple question??

Nidge
31-12-2004, 11:53
How much would it be for me to have NTL installed in my house? I'm currently on SKY but I'm getting P***ED of with them wanting £82 per month, I have a SKY box downstairs and one upstairs in the bedroom, they are trying to bill me twice because the box downstairs is not doing a call back, a engineer has been out 5 times over the last year, the latest one decided to change the box, all was well up until a few weeks ago when it failed to do a call back, Ive received a bill this morning for £82, thats the full price for 2 boxes where as I only pay £51 per month.

orangebird
31-12-2004, 12:05
How much would it be for me to have NTL installed in my house? I'm currently on SKY but I'm getting P***ED of with them wanting £82 per month, I have a SKY box downstairs and one upstairs in the bedroom, they are trying to bill me twice because the box downstairs is not doing a call back, a engineer has been out 5 times over the last year, the latest one decided to change the box, all was well up until a few weeks ago when it failed to do a call back, Ive received a bill this morning for £82, thats the full price for 2 boxes where as I only pay £51 per month.

www.ntlworld.com is the place to look. If you take ntl's family pack (19.50 a month), you get installation free. Bear in mind though that if you want ntls dtv, you also have to take their phone line at 9.50 a month. Extra stbs are £15 a month and receive the same dtv pack as your main stb does.

quadplay
31-12-2004, 12:12
The online ordering tool at http://www.home.ntl.com/ will allow you to see how much your bill would be monthly with ntl - installation is often free. :)

Nikko
31-12-2004, 16:24
Installation is currently free in NG* areas - see your PM Nidge.

ian@huth
31-12-2004, 16:30

Have you got both boxes connected to the same telephone line and have you checked via services/system setup/system test that the phonelines are being picked up?

Sky do check periodically in order to make sure that you are not giving your neighbour a cheap Sky system with the second box.

Nidge
01-01-2005, 07:46
Have you got both boxes connected to the same telephone line and have you checked via services/system setup/system test that the phonelines are being picked up?

Sky do check periodically in order to make sure that you are not giving your neighbour a cheap Sky system with the second box.

I know mate we've had this problem for the last year, I've paid £60+ for an engineer to come and change the box and all the wires outside, he did that it happened again, another engineer came out and changed the card, I was left with no TV for 2 days, a new card came inserted it nothing still the same no call back, along came another engineer who changed the LNB on the dish, still nothing but my box upstairs was doing a call back. Yesterday when we got the letter from SKY I phoned them up, got put through to a very nice lady who couldn't do enough to help, she said I'll phone you on your mobile so we have a free line to work with, SKY never do this, anyway she phoned me back within 2 minutes went into the menu and settings, there wasn't a number in telephone settings she said thats your problem, my box was doing a call back but they didn't know where the number was coming from, she said you need not have had all this work done because this was the problem all along :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: So I've spent god knows how much on engineers and new cards end endless phone calls to SKY only to be told by a nice lady that a few numbers were missing from the settings. SKY can go to hell for all I'm concerned.

paulyoung666
01-01-2005, 07:51
So I've spent god knows how much on engineers and new cards end endless phone calls to SKY only to be told by a nice lady that a few numbers were missing from the settings. SKY can go to hell for all I'm concerned.

so now you have found out the problem ........ , it is high time you got your complaining head on and asked about getting your money back as it has not been you fault ;)

Nidge
01-01-2005, 15:52
so now you have found out the problem ........ , it is high time you got your complaining head on and asked about getting your money back as it has not been you fault ;)

Oh I have... Don't worry about that one.