PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems

hutchy
24-12-2004, 01:43
Hi, i've had the ntl silver broadband package through a PACE stb for about 3 years now, and in the past year or so it's randomly cut off but a quick reboot of the stb got the connection back up again. but over the past week it's been cutting off and not coming back on again.

Today for example i managed one hour of connectivity, and then nothing more until now.

Should i just phone up and complain, or is there anything i can do on my end to fix this?

MrBen
24-12-2004, 08:34
Do you use a router or is your computer connected directly to the STB?

When the connection fails what IP address does your computer have from the STB?

rdhw
24-12-2004, 11:45
Should i just phone up and complain, or is there anything i can do on my end to fix this?If the middle LED blinks or goes out, you should definitely ask NTL to fix your connection.

hutchy
24-12-2004, 15:45
i just got off the phone with them, the first woman i spoke to determined it was a problem with SP2, but i know it isnt. so i phoned again, and the guy who ws on the line actually checked the stb and an engineer is coming out on wed to take a look at it

hutchy
29-12-2004, 10:04
The engineer just left, turns out the AEI USB adapter was nearly dead, a common problem apparantly, so he just gave me a new one.