PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Advice

Stuartbe
23-12-2004, 16:48
I currently have a nildram 2mb connection bussines adsl service at 20:1

I have been looking into Bulldog's " BULLDOG PRO@CTIVE↞¢ PLUS " service.

I have checked them out on ADSL guide and I am very atracted to the higher upload speeds and the fact that the montly fee includes the line rental. The free calls are nice to but I am not all that bothered as I dont make an awful lot of calls.

From what I have found out talking to a chap there the service is 20:1 contented. 1 static IP, No RDNS (thats a bummer) and a speed of 4mb / 512 up on the service. This is priced at £67.00 excl vat.

I understand that they provide the service using LLU and therefore provide the line...

My wories are :-

No 24/7 tech support. This line is used for my bussines so any downtime is bad, Its even worse if I loose access to line and need it for an emergency call out ect.

Transfer Time, I was told 4/6 weeks and that I will have to get my Nildram service disonected before BT will let them take over the line.

So Guys and Girls...

Any of you use any of there servics ? Anyone had a problem with them ? What are the customer services and technical support depts like ?

Any info on them very greatfuly recived..

Ta :)

Paul
23-12-2004, 18:34
Are you desperate to move ? It sounds a lot of trouble (or potential trouble) for not much gain.

Stuartbe
23-12-2004, 19:19
Not realy... Its just that the larger upload speed would be nice..

+ The fact that the mothly fee includes the phone line rental.

Shaun
26-12-2004, 18:19
As a home user (on Datastream not LLU) I find the service o.k for the money, at the moment I get a 2Mbit service for 29.99 a month. There has been some trouble recently with contention on their main piped apparently but this has bee rectified and most customers are speeding along again. Their LLU exchanges are getting good reports on ADSL guide and for the price it looks like a great product.

However for a business user I'd recommend caution. Their DNS servers are up and down like a tarts knickers and their residential faults line is dire. I rand the other day about our line being down (first time in about 8 months) and the first line tec didn't even know how to ping my router! He just filled out a form and said someone would contact me the next day. Obviously I wasn't happy and insisted on speaking with a manager, but they said exactly the same.

While waiting for the callback the line came back to life (about 1hour after reporting it) but I never received the call back. I rang back a few days later and they were good about it, apologised and gave me two months free BB.

On the whole for the money I think they are great for res customers, but if you rely on your connection to run your business I'd be very cautious before taking on one of their products.

HTH

:)

sil@ts
11-08-2005, 17:06
update regards reverse DNS setting on bulldog adsl, it seems some of bulldog believes you can setup the rDNS, at least with the business level connections (and SDSL) but no one on the phone at bulldog agrees!

their customer service lines are still hard to get through on but they do seem to be getting better (slowly!)

Sil

PS, a umm campaign to get bulldog to allow rDNS - check http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t19480.html?

sil@ts
12-08-2005, 17:32
looks like it is now possible to setup the rDNS on bulldog, at least you can if you have a business level connection :)

Sil