PDA

View Full Version : terrestial channels off on setop box!!

bigboab5
26-08-2003, 14:58
Hi guys,

When i turned on telly this morning I could not get channels 101 to 104 (digital). I got an error message that said turn off machine and then turn back on. I did this several times (waiting about 20 secs between power off and power on) No difference. So I tried phoning 150 for assistance, all I got was a solid single tone on phone, but i could phone other numbers. So basically no bbc1, bbc2, itv1 or channel 4. everything else looked ok, though I did not try interactive or tv guide stuff. Am I gonna go home and find i cannot get these channels ? is there a prob.

Oh bye the way, I am in Glasgow and this was about 7:30 - 45 am. And also one other person in my workplace had same experience.

Thanks guys

Bigboab5

bigitup_j
26-08-2003, 15:42
probably just a fault with the transmision. ntl are normally quite good and get the channels running again fairly quickly.
if not, then call ntl again

Proppinupthebar
26-08-2003, 21:28
Originally posted by bigboab5
Hi guys,

When i turned on telly this morning I could not get channels 101 to 104 (digital). I got an error message that said turn off machine and then turn back on. I did this several times (waiting about 20 secs between power off and power on) No difference. So I tried phoning 150 for assistance, all I got was a solid single tone on phone, but i could phone other numbers. So basically no bbc1, bbc2, itv1 or channel 4. everything else looked ok, though I did not try interactive or tv guide stuff. Am I gonna go home and find i cannot get these channels ? is there a prob.

Oh bye the way, I am in Glasgow and this was about 7:30 - 45 am. And also one other person in my workplace had same experience.

Thanks guys

Bigboab5

We had a piece of kit fail this morning which caused the issue specific to your local channels in Glasgow. It took some time to get the backup working.
Sorry :-)

bigboab5
26-08-2003, 21:54
Originally posted by Proppinupthebar
We had a piece of kit fail this morning which caused the issue specific to your local channels in Glasgow. It took some time to get the backup working.

Ok guys when i got home everything was ok, thanks for your help.

Bigboab

Lord Nikon
27-08-2003, 08:10
Originally posted by Proppinupthebar

You mean the antenna fell off the building? :D :D