PDA

View Full Version : ntl Broadband Plus

littld
17-12-2004, 16:46
Oh dear. After a year of fairly good service from ntl (meaning I haven't had to phone them at all), I now have a problem.

I wanted to learn more about Broadband Plus so I took a look on the website. No information at all - it just logged me in and told me I was on a free trial. Now that I discover it's not for me so I want to cancel before they start charging me. Guess what - the service can't be cancelled. There are no options on the website.

Customer Services said it was a disconnection and transferred me, then had to take my number and call me back. Disconnections said they hadn't heard of Broadband Plus and I needed to do it mysefl on the web, or go back to Customer Services.

I called Customer Services and they said they can't do disconnections.....

Any ideas out there for how to save paying £3.99 a month for £1.49 worth of Sonic music downloads? Or do I have to switch to BT and back to get this off my bill?

Thanks for any advice you might be able to give.

littld
17-12-2004, 17:01
JUst gfor through to Customer Services again and they said I need to call 0845 6500125 for technical support. No help there either.

paulyoung666
17-12-2004, 17:14
hi and :welcome: to the site , i think you were fobbed by c.s. to be honest , give em another ring , dont for get its a free call ;) :D

littld
17-12-2004, 17:21
Thanks. Just called CS again and there was a very helpful person who did look into it for me. They said before the free trial ends I should receive an email prompting me to register. We'll see, but I'm fully expecting a £3.99 extra charge on my bill either next month or the one after. I'll let you know...

Neil
17-12-2004, 17:26
Thanks. Just called CS again and there was a very helpful person who did look into it for me. They said before the free trial ends I should receive an email prompting me to register. We'll see, but I'm fully expecting a £3.99 extra charge on my bill either next month or the one after. I'll let you know...

Look here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28

paulyoung666
17-12-2004, 17:27

iirc the c.s. person is right , i think you have to opt in after the free trial ends , i had the free trial and have never paid for the bb plus thing :)