PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope anymore with this...

stephenn
25-08-2003, 19:28
I have finally decided that ntl is not for me, inparticular the telephony service. What I want to do is keep my cable modem and cable tv but get rid of the phone service and reconnect to BT.

I currently have the base pack TV and cable modem 512k, so if I remove the telephone, how much cheaper will my service charges be? I have tried CS but well there's nobody there :rolleyes:

Cheers

Stephen.

grum1978
25-08-2003, 19:30
Is your tv digital tv stephenn?

stephenn
25-08-2003, 19:35
Yes my TV service is digital. Caller Display is one of the reasons why I would like to reconnect to BT.

grum1978
25-08-2003, 19:37
The price of the digital tv packages includes a telephone line rental if you choose not to take a phone with ntl you still pay the same price for your tv. :shrug:

stephenn
25-08-2003, 19:50
Great Stuff! I'll just get rid of the tv and telephone when I get back from my holiday. Sky and BT here I come.... well soon!!

Mick
25-08-2003, 20:07
Originally posted by stephenn
Great Stuff! I'll just get rid of the tv and telephone when I get back from my holiday. Sky and BT here I come.... well soon!!

Make sure you are over your 12 months contract Stephenn, before you cancel these services or your liable to penalties.

Jules
25-08-2003, 20:41
Each to there own but I would rather not have a phone than go back to BT

Undisputedtruth
25-08-2003, 22:27
Originally posted by stephenn

You will also find a more professional customer services with free voice mail and free itemised billing.

Shaun
25-08-2003, 22:32
If you are on 600K and have a BT line (coming) then you should look at canceling the BB with them too.

You can get 512K for as little as £18.99 on ADSL!

Try Kittys site

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

or

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

;)

DeadKenny
28-08-2003, 02:46
Ditch the TV and phone at least. Definitely worth getting Sky (I left years back now when NTL couldn't provide digital TV despite 3 years of broken promises). I still have cable modem and currently the phone but the plan is to get a BT line for at least caller ID, apply for ADSL and if I get accepted... bye bye NTL forever :wavey:. It means I'll have to drop the 1Meg BB, but that's not a problem as I'm really after 256kbps upstream and you get that with 512kbps ADSL unlike NTL's pathetic 128kbps upstream on the 600kbps service.

Get the BT line first though, and see if you can get ADSL before ditching the cable modem (thankfully BT are nice and tell you flat whether the line is crap or not, unlike NTL who just provide you with the cable modem and then let you suffer with a broken modem thanks to signal level problems for a year or more :mad: ).