PDA

View Full Version : For attention of NTL CS (Monkey Breath) or anyone else. Please help

Ash-Smith
13-12-2004, 09:27
"For attention of NTL CS (Monkey Breath etc) or anyone else. Please help".

Hi, in a previous thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=20908) I had a question regarding 'double discount'. My assumptions was confirmed by monkey breath (thanks) and I ordered NTL. I received the Hire Agreement (I haven't signed it yet) which stated the monthly charges and discounts etc. These do not tie up with what I was told on the phone.

Can someone help me please? I have more faith with these forums than with their customer service over the phone.

This is what my Monthly charges show:

Total Monthly Charges: £36.99

(A)BB 750K 1/2PRICE 3MTHS £0
(A)FREELNRNTL WITH BB 1YR £-9.5
5P TALK PLAN RESIDENTIAL TARRIF £0
FREE VOICEMAIL £0
FULLY ITEMISED BILLING £1
MR02 DIGITAL & TELEPHONE £19.5
NTL 750KB CABLE MODEM ACCESS (RENTAL) £24.99
5P TALK PLAN £1

I ordered 750K connection with 3 months at half price.
I ordered a phone line on the 5P talk plan (with a discount of £9.50)
The cheaper of the two TV packs.

The major discrepency is that I was told I would recieve the half-price BB for the first three months, but the discount hasn't come off! It is shown as £0 but I'd expect it to show as £-12.49 on the Hire Agreement. Please help me.

Both discounts were meant to be applied because the CS advisor said the price would be £23.49 (or there about). for the first three months, then rise to £35.99

I rang customer service on Saturday, and I have the name of the guys who originaly set up the account. There is also a note on the account (from him) saying that both discounts should be applied.

Has the discount been applied incorrectly, or would I expect to see the half-price BB as a credit to my account?

I can supply my account number if it helps?

Thanks in advance.

quadplay
13-12-2004, 12:42
Hi Ash,

You're right - the Broadband Discount doesn't appear to have been correctly applied. The amount shown above (£36.99 ) is your monthly rental for the first 12 months, but as you say, the first three months should be lower - £24.49 in fact. Have you been given an account/customer/membership number? If so, does it start with a 5 (don't post it in public)?

Ash-Smith
13-12-2004, 14:28
Thanks for the reply Jimbo.

A user called Debsy42 has PMed me, and I've sent her some information. I've also just PMed it to you. I hope one of you has some luck getting to the bottom of this.

Thanks very much to you both.

Maggy
13-12-2004, 16:42
Thanks for the reply Jimbo.

A user called Debsy42 has PMed me, and I've sent her some information. I've also just PMed it to you. I hope one of you has some luck getting to the bottom of this.

Thanks very much to you both.

Debsy will sort you out I expect.She is very efficient that way. :tu:

MetaWraith
13-12-2004, 16:53
Debsy will sort you out I expect.She is very efficient that way. :tu:Comments like that could soon lead to rush of toyboys forming a queue :D

Actually Ash, Debs is a miracle worker.

Maggy
13-12-2004, 17:11
Comments like that could soon lead to rush of toyboys forming a queue :D

Actually I believe they are three deep around the block already. :p:

iadom
13-12-2004, 17:12
Comments like that could soon lead to rush of toyboys forming a queue :D

does she do, laying on of hands, :naughty: ;)

Ash-Smith
13-12-2004, 17:33
Fingers crossed Debs can live up to her rep.

Thanks all.

Ash-Smith
20-12-2004, 18:42
Just had my first bill. All is spot on. All discounts are there. Thanks very much Debs.

Russ
20-12-2004, 18:47
Go Debsy, go Debsy!!! :D :D :D

Graham F
20-12-2004, 18:53
Go Debsy, go Debsy!!! :D :D :D

Debs has a fan club by the looks of this thread :)

Good on ya girl :D