PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy tv caused by Online Game

j2tts
09-12-2004, 11:28
Merry Christmas Everyone

I've got a Engineer coming today, but I've just realised something. Whenever Warcraft is played online it causes the digital tv pics to judder. Im running a linksys wireless G router with 2 pc's attached to it. All pc's are XP.

I did'nt think the digital signal for the TV was on the same wavelength ???

:confused:

Neil
09-12-2004, 11:30
Does your BB come in via the DTV STB?

j2tts
09-12-2004, 11:33
Yup

Neil
09-12-2004, 11:39
Do you have anything else running that will be using bandwidth such as any P2P apps etc?

j2tts
09-12-2004, 11:44
I do use P2P but not at the time I noticed the degregation of service. What made me realise today was the TV is normally ok during the day. But the eldest son was on here earlier playing Warcraft and the tv pics started jumping, he stopped, jumping stopped. When we get the problem in the evening the youngest son is normally playing it.

Neil
09-12-2004, 11:48
Sounds like you need an engineer out I'm afraid.

If the problem occurs only when online gaming, & with nothing else using bandwidth, then the engineer visit is the only way to go I reckon.

j2tts
09-12-2004, 11:57
Thanks neil

I thought as much

Hope he does'nt have to change the box :disturbd: I want a good old 4000 box, not one of these new dodgy ones.

I only really use the second PC as storage. Got a couple of laptops on the go now and again but nothing really demanding.

Thing is I've bought the linksys gaming port and xbox live for the youngest for xmas. Will I have any problems even if the STB has been fixed ?

Neil
09-12-2004, 12:06
Thanks neil

I thought as much

Hope he does'nt have to change the box :disturbd: I want a good old 4000 box, not one of these new dodgy ones.
From what I've read, the newer (Samsung) boxes are far more stable & reliable.

Thing is I've bought the linksys gaming port and xbox live for the youngest for xmas. Will I have any problems even if the STB has been fixed ?
There's no reason you should, as long as it's configured correctly.

Check our XBOX Live Useful Info section here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16).

HTH.

j2tts
09-12-2004, 12:15
Cheers

Thanks for your time