PDA

View Full Version : usage

WingDings
08-12-2004, 21:37
hi, i just got the 750 kbps 2day after ntl messed it up and i would like to know, is the 750 kbps service limited usage? or unlimited usage?(i forgot to ask) beacsue i had a echnician tell it is, and a few of my m8s who have 750 say it isn't and i don't nop, if it is i am in big trouble lol

thunder
08-12-2004, 21:41
hey, first of all have you either drunk alot or not had a good education? Your spelling is terrrible. Anyway 750 mb is unlimited (unless NTL have introduced a limit to new customers) so download all you want.

WingDings
08-12-2004, 21:44
sorry bout that, kidna rushed it as i was downloading something big at the timeany way i can find out if it is or not??

WingDings
08-12-2004, 21:44
yep i just realised i spelt kinda wrong my bad:p:

Shaun
08-12-2004, 22:16
Within the acceptable use policy, basically 1Gb per day :)

WingDings
08-12-2004, 22:19
ah but i am a heavy gamer so how badly i am going to be affected:S

http://www.ntlworld.com/service_update.html this website from ntl says gaming isn't affect, but i duynno lol, is this usage for everyone? or old customers and new ones are different?

Raistlin
08-12-2004, 22:44
hey, first of all have you either drunk alot or not had a good education? Your spelling is terrrible. Anyway 750 mb is unlimited (unless NTL have introduced a limit to new customers) so download all you want. Apart from the fact that (in my opinion anyway) your post might be considered a little rude, there are one or two other things you might want to consider:

No capital letter at the start of your first sentence.

No space between the "a" and "lot" in "alot".

Terrible (as in "Your spelling is terrrible.") has been spelt incorrectly.

The sentence "unless NTL have introduced a limit to new customers" makes no sense. NTL would either introduce a "limit for new customers" or they would "apply a download limit to new customer accounts".

Just my :2cents: worth :D

jtwn
08-12-2004, 22:57
At the moment, there is no need to worry about it. I doubt you would be pulling in enough for ntl to care, going by other posts.

eshaq786
09-12-2004, 01:00
1gb in a day for 750k is crap dont u think. i know its only a guide but not a very good guide is it. 1gb on 750k would equate to about 3 hours download at 90k which is not good. telewest do a guide of 750mb on their slower 256k connection. looks like NTL aren't very good are they.

danielf
09-12-2004, 01:04
1gb in a day for 750k is crap dont u think. i know its only a guide but not a very good guide is it. 1gb on 750k would equate to about 3 hours download at 90k which is not good. telewest do a guide of 750mb on their slower 256k connection. looks like NTL aren't very good are they.

This is really getting very boring. Any chance of you changing the record? :rolleyes:

ian@huth
09-12-2004, 01:11

No, I think 1Gb a day is more than enough for most people. Some, like you, will never be satisfied with any restriction but the day will come when if you want more you will have to pay more. That day is not that far away.

Neil
09-12-2004, 07:57
Seeing as the OP has had their question answered, (& for the sake of everyone's sanity), I'm going to close this thread.

'Wingdings'-if you do a search through the ntl BB forum, you will find loads of discussions regarding ntl's 'cap'/'usage guideline', there's also more info which can be found on ntl's help pages here: http://www.ntlworld.com/service_update.html