PDA

View Full Version : Sky + (Downloading & Keeping)

skyblueheroes
04-12-2004, 17:57
Is this the right room for Sky+ ? If not, can a Mod move it please ?? Ta.

I have taken the plunge and got Sky+ inc Multiroom. But, if I want to keep the recorded stuff what are my options ?

I assume you can connect to video to record to VHS, but how about PC ? I've got a TV Tuner on my 128mb card, so can I use that ?

Ta.
SBH.

Bifta
04-12-2004, 18:02
Afaik, you can bang it in any device with video input.

skyblueheroes
05-12-2004, 17:41
MMmmm think I need to read up on my new vid card.

TA.

Bifta
05-12-2004, 17:44
MMmmm think I need to read up on my new vid card.

TA.

What card is it?

skyblueheroes
06-12-2004, 12:45
What card is it?

Sorry Bif, just read this. Not sure. Its ATI is all I know atm. Its a new PC and I'm just getting to grips with it ! Is there not a problem with Sky+ coding the recording ?

ian@huth
06-12-2004, 12:57
Sorry Bif, just read this. Not sure. Its ATI is all I know atm. Its a new PC and I'm just getting to grips with it ! Is there not a problem with Sky+ coding the recording ?

Recordings are saved on Sky+ as the original transmitted MPEG coded broadcast stream. When they are played they use the digibox to decode them as if they were currently being broadcast and the quality is just as good as the original broadcast stream. You can only pick up the channel after it has been decoded by the digibox. You have to tune the channel in on your PC tuner card just like any other channel coming from the digibox.

Bifta
06-12-2004, 13:01

You'll need a card that has Video in, most cards don't have this and only offer video out but you could probably pick up a cheap TV card that'll record the source instead.