PDA

View Full Version : Bemused

Cerberus
03-12-2004, 01:52
Hello there, sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum but I was wondering if someone out here can advise me on a little query I have about NTL.

I mainly upload a few pictures to my personal webspace for use in forums and websites as such. Just recently I have noticed that all my gif images have disappeared from my images folder and when I upload and link to them my browser says the image is not there blah blah.

Yes I have checked the address is correctly typed and all that. Has NTL started to disallow gifs from your personal space all of a sudden? It's bad enough they dont support PHP.:(

Thanks in advance.

Chris W
03-12-2004, 02:44
:welcome:

i have seen no reason or evidence that ntl stop you from using gif's on your webspace. The only reason they would be removed are:
1. they are in breach of copyright- in which case you will have a letter from AUP shortly about it or
2. the webspace is corrupted- PM me the username and i'll have a look at it for you.

Cerberus
03-12-2004, 02:54
:welcome:

i have seen no reason or evidence that ntl stop you from using gif's on your webspace. The only reason they would be removed are:
1. they are in breach of copyright- in which case you will have a letter from AUP shortly about it or
2. the webspace is corrupted- PM me the username and i'll have a look at it for you.PM'd as requested. All the images are my own and there is nothing illegal about them. Its just seems really odd, I have noticed that they dont have icons associated with them (like FireworksMX and Painst Shop Pro). Its just weird.:confused:

-EDIT-

As mentioned in the pm I sent to you, I re-installed my FTP Client and now the problem has disappeared. Just one of those weird things. Thanks for your help though. Appreciate it