PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Disconects from online games

gange10
30-11-2004, 20:41
I know this has been said before, but every time get onto an online game it just disconects itself totally, it sometimes does this normally, were it will just completly disconect itself, i need help, dont really wanna ring the helpdesk, and ideas thing i can do perhaps to sort it out, but mainly to stop it in general disconecting itself, really pees me off any ideas???:(

Tezcatlipoca
30-11-2004, 20:44
:welcome:

What area are you in?

Do you use a standalone cable modem (SACM) or a Digital TV set-top box (STB) for your broadband connection?

Is this the only problem?

gange10
30-11-2004, 20:47
From surrey near epsom, yes use a SACMYes generally all of sudden ill get no connectoin, i do tests with the medic and windows tests everything sais its okay, but on games and generally just the connection drops.

paulyoung666
30-11-2004, 21:21
hi and :welcome: as well , are you saturating your upload bandwidth ?????????? :) , enjoy your stay here , there are more knowledgeable ppl than me about :dunce: :D :D :D

carlingman
30-11-2004, 23:27
I know this has been said before, but every time get onto an online game it just disconects itself totally, it sometimes does this normally, were it will just completly disconect itself, i need help, dont really wanna ring the helpdesk, and ideas thing i can do perhaps to sort it out, but mainly to stop it in general disconecting itself, really pees me off any ideas???:(

Ok what server are you connecting to for the game and which game,

Also what is the status of the Modem lights when the connection dies?

Another thing as well which Modem is it, model, colour etc.

And lastly :welcome:

:D

gange10
01-12-2004, 14:31
Generally any online game more so on half life, espically the new one,.

I have the ntl home 120 edition its the far left light just goes.

the modem is the small samsung vwersoin.

Cheers for any help!!!

gange10
01-12-2004, 14:32
What do you mean saturating your Bandwidth????

paulyoung666
01-12-2004, 17:44
What do you mean saturating your Bandwidth????

using all your available bandwidth will knack your connection , what service are you on ???????? , personally i wouldnt use anymore than 75% of whatever you have available :)

Neil
01-12-2004, 17:50
using all your available bandwidth will knack your connection , what service are you on ???????? , personally i wouldnt use anymore than 75% of whatever you have available :)

Cant argue with that. :tu:

More info here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/games.html).

gange10
02-12-2004, 12:57
How do you mean use all your avalible bandwidth?? i have Ntl120

How do you change your banwidth???

Could it be the modem or is it it more likely a software issue???

Caspar
02-12-2004, 13:04
Does your Internet connection work once the game has been dropped, for example the web browser still fetches websites?

paulyoung666
02-12-2004, 13:34
How do you mean use all your avalible bandwidth?? i have Ntl120

How do you change your banwidth???

Could it be the modem or is it it more likely a software issue???

have a read of neils link in post #9 ;)