PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

andy 1
25-11-2004, 10:37
if and when ntl increase there broadband speeds in 2005.
will it mean i have to have a new modem,at the moment i am using a terayon 210 and i am on 750k.
and also why a 25 quid administation fee if your an existing customer.

sorry to the mods if this reopens the debate on speed increases.

regards
andy

bob_builder
25-11-2004, 11:40
will it mean i have to have a new modem,at the moment i am using a terayon 210 and i am on 750k.
You may have answered your own question. If you do need a new modem then maybe that is why there will be a £25 admin charge.

Ignition
25-11-2004, 12:15

sorry to the mods if this reopens the debate on speed increases.

regards
andy

Re: Admin fee, no comment, regarding new modem, absolutely not the Terayon is a damn fine modem easily capable of well in excess of 3Mbit :)

Paul
25-11-2004, 12:36
When, not if ....

will it mean i have to have a new modem,at the moment i am using a terayon 210 and i am on 750k.Nope.

and also why a 25 quid administation fee if your an existing customer.Because that's the deal, if you don't like it, don't change - it's as simple as that.

sorry to the mods if this reopens the debate on speed increases.apology accepted - but if this starts covering the same ground yet again, it will suffer the same fate.

andy 1
25-11-2004, 12:44
thanks for the reply's guy's.

glad i won't have to change my modem.

yes i will gladly pay my 25 quid admin fee for this speed increase.

cheers
andy

ian@huth
25-11-2004, 12:51
I wonder if the £25 admin fee will be applied if you alter tier online after the new speeds start. For instance if you are on the 750k service (the present middle tier) and you upgrade online will you get 3Mb (the new higher tier) or 1.5Mb (the existing higher tier) and will there be the admin charge? Time will tell.

altis
25-11-2004, 12:54
Of course, lots of people who get their broadband through an STB will have to have theirs changed 'cos it won't support the increased speeds - makes £25 sound pretty cheap to me.

MysticKiller
25-11-2004, 15:46
Just beaware that NTL have capped new speeds, so i dont think ill be upgrading to any fast speeds as i can download more when its not capped.

newlyn70
25-11-2004, 20:57
Of course, lots of people who get their broadband through an STB will have to have theirs changed 'cos it won't support the increased speeds - makes £25 sound pretty cheap to me.not all stb's will need to be changed, as with the last upgrade some pen pusher in ntl decided that the pace box would not take the 1.5Meg, hower if you have a good set up e.g. cabling etc a pace box should happily take 1.5meg i have no idea about faster speeds but ntl could backrupt them selves swapping every box (thats what will happern as lowest speed could possibly be 1meg):Yikes:

Bill C
25-11-2004, 22:29
not all stb's will need to be changed, as with the last upgrade some pen pusher in ntl decided that the pace box would not take the 1.5Meg, hower if you have a good set up e.g. cabling etc a pace box should happily take 1.5meg i have no idea about faster speeds but ntl could backrupt them selves swapping every box (thats what will happern as lowest speed could possibly be 1meg):Yikes:

It was NOT a pen pusher. Would you like to give us more info to prove your point.

Ignition
25-11-2004, 23:24
not all stb's will need to be changed, as with the last upgrade some pen pusher in ntl decided that the pace box would not take the 1.5Meg, hower if you have a good set up e.g. cabling etc a pace box should happily take 1.5meg i have no idea about faster speeds but ntl could backrupt them selves swapping every box (thats what will happern as lowest speed could possibly be 1meg):Yikes:

Of course, said penpusher, being the bean counter type rather than an engineer thought it was a wizzy idea to swap as many boxes as possible and cost the company all this money, totally unnecessily :dunce:

Do you honestly think such an expensive decision was made because one man behind a desk decided it should be that way? :erm: