PDA

View Full Version : Internet Down / No Support

Ben
24-11-2004, 10:59
Hiya,

I have lost my internet connection at home today. Can't pick up an IP address.

I have tried phoning the Technical Support Number (SACM (Langley) 0845 650 0121)

But it takes me though the options to press 1 etc etc... but then all I get is a recored message saying "Sorry this number is no longer in service"
:mad:

I can't even contact them. I was able to get though last night which there was a recored message saying there was a server outage. But I want to check if its resolved as I still cant pick up an IP. Of course the number is out of use :rolleyes:

FFS

danielf
24-11-2004, 11:07
Have you tried rebooting the modem/computer?

Neil
24-11-2004, 11:13
Have you tried rebooting the modem/computer?

I was able to get though last night which there was a recored message saying there was a server outage.

Ben
24-11-2004, 11:30
Well I tried rebooting it last night before I phoned them but not this morning. I will do this at lunch and report back. Not holding out much hope tho...

Chris W
24-11-2004, 11:55
If you PM me some details i can have a look what is going on for you- either a postcode and house number, or the mac address of your modem will be fine :)

MB

Ben
24-11-2004, 12:18
If you PM me some details i can have a look what is going on for you- either a postcode and house number, or the mac address of your modem will be fine :)

MB

PM sent - Thanks dude :)

Scorp
24-11-2004, 17:27
I had a similar problem (see thread IP Address is 0.0.0.0)

I found that doing the power down CM & PC;
power up CM (wait for connected 'green' light)
power on PC (in my case switch)

solved the problem.

May not be the same issue, but worth a try (assuming you're not already fixed up).

Ben
24-11-2004, 20:24
Well I'm still without my BB :rolleyes: No change. I can reboot the modem and it makes no odds

I just can't get an IP address :mad: