PDA

View Full Version : IP Address is 0.0.0.0

Scorp
23-11-2004, 17:26
Been a happy BB user for ages now. However I've been totally off-line since Saturday. Initially put it down to a 'problem that will go away'. Tried power off/delay/on of the cable modem several times on Sunday (this has happened several times recently, this action usually fixes it). Eventually left it unplugged all night Sunday, tried powering back on Monday morning still no joy.

Been away most of yesterday, so am currently trying to get through to CS. However, whilst I try to battle against the automated CS system (each time I 'press 2 for a BB fault', the lines goes dead), I thought I'd see if anyone here could offer any help suggestions.

I am in the Belfast area.
I have a 3Com CM (bought it myself back in the days when you got £5 off monthly fee if you had your own CM). All the 'usual' lights are green, and the amber traffic lights are pretty continually flickering, so all 'looks' ok.
I have the CM through a linksys router/switch to several PC's.

My problem appears to be that my 'WAN' address (obtained via the linksys control web page) is set to 0.0.0.0. Trying any kind of DHCP release/renew gets no difference.

The one thing I have not tried (but will do when i get home) is powering off the linksys at the same time as the CM. Would this change anything?

Anyone else suffer any similar problems with the BB service?

paulyoung666
23-11-2004, 17:31
hi and :welcome: to the site , does the router have a manual reset button on it anywhere ????? :)

how about connecting straight to the cm and seeing what happens :)

Neil
23-11-2004, 17:42
Also-try connecting wothout the router to see if the problem still exists.

Scorp
23-11-2004, 17:48
Thanks for the quick replies;

Will try the reset first.

Guess I'll try the 'connect direct' as well, although I'm never sure what difference that is supposed to make. Unless it's just that I can ipconfig /renew directly to the CM ?

Scorp
23-11-2004, 22:29
ok, all back and running.

Turned off router as well as CM, powered CM back on, then router.

All swell, need to remember this for next time