PDA

View Full Version : Provisioning logon screen? wha?

jhka28
16-11-2004, 13:16
Weird problem here but its probably something really simple. I've recently moved house and changed ntl account. I've got broadband set up on 2 pc's (but they aren't networked they just share the cable)and it was working fine but recently it stopped working altogether. So, I plug the cable into the first computer (fairly old, win 98,using the usb adaptor), the one where I setup the account, and nothing. It doesn't even register the cables plugged in.I then plug the cable into the 2nd pc which doesn't use the usb adaptor and it connects but everytime i log onto the internet it comes up with the provisioning logon screen. I put in my pid number and password but everytime it says i've entered the incorrect password. But its not incorrect?! What shall i do? Any help greatly appreciated!

Chris W
16-11-2004, 13:27
if you have put the incorrect password in three times it will lock the PID, and you will need to contact ntl to get it unlocked.

It may well be that the usb adaptor is dead- do you get any light on it? if you contact tech support, they can get the PID unlocked and also send you a new usb adaptor if this is what is needed.

Macca371
16-11-2004, 18:06
Please note that this is not your email password that it is asking for - the one which looks like x87648464633. It is actually asking for your complete ntl account password, the one which you use to authenticate when you speak to ntl on the phone. They sometimes ask for mother's maiden name or a pet's name or something when they make a password for you.

Hope this helps, I know that those provisioning logon screen are a bitch!