PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ series link doesn't work...

Caspar
15-11-2004, 11:53
I watch The'70sShow, but always record it and have it series linked.

...but annoyingly I have to put it back into the sky+ planner every week. Even tho I series link each episode it never retains the same time recording.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me! :(

It's on at 9pm each night on Paramount I think...

ian@huth
15-11-2004, 12:05
Series links are inserted by the channel and not by Sky so it looks as if Paramount aren't doing the job right.

Rax
22-11-2004, 17:11
I have a Sony VTX 750u Receiver and a Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD RECORDER. I have recently found that the series link for Emmerdale also doesn't work. (Recording for the wife not myself!!)

KingPhoenix
15-12-2004, 20:20
odd.... gem, my partner, has emmerdale on series link and it works fine....... :S

Sorry cas, i dont record the same prog as you, i know that the epg can only see 7 days in advance, so if the program is not on in the next 7 days then it cant see it to set a series link for it.

ian@huth
15-12-2004, 22:38
ITV did have problems with the series links for Emmerdale and Coronation Street a few weeks ago but it may only have been some regions that were affected. Series links are not limited to the 7 day EPG and can be set for programs that only appear once a month as long as the channel operator has set the data correctly.

KingPhoenix
17-12-2004, 12:08
ITV did have problems with the series links for Emmerdale and Coronation Street a few weeks ago but it may only have been some regions that were affected. Series links are not limited to the 7 day EPG and can be set for programs that only appear once a month as long as the channel operator has set the data correctly.
Thats odd, i record battlestar galatica every monday, and its not due on now until january, and the series link has gone from my sky+ listing.......

ian@huth
17-12-2004, 12:56
Thats odd, i record battlestar galatica every monday, and its not due on now until january, and the series link has gone from my sky+ listing.......

There is an old article on Sky+ at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/displayarticle.php?id=6105 which mentions series links. A newer article is at http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk/SkyProductsServices/News/showarticle.asp?ID=1516 Battlestar Galactica has had some problems with series links in the past so I would check to see if it appears on the planner a couple of days before it is due. I have had series links set for programmes that have had a short break and they have disapppeared from the planner but reappeared before the next episode.