PDA

View Full Version : This summer's movies.

Jerrek
20-08-2003, 06:12
Movies that I've seen this summer so far, with what I think of them:

Pirates of the Caribbean - The best movie of the summer. Johnny Depp saved this movie and made it a fun movie to watch. I give it a 9/10.

IMDB: Jack Sparrow (Depp) and Will Turner (Bloom) brave the Caribbean Sea to stop a ship of pirates led by Captain Barbossa (Rush), who intend to break an ancient curse... with the blood of the lovely Elizabeth Swann (Knightley).

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/piratesofthecaribbean/

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Lots of people don't like it, but I do. Sean Connory was great in this fantasic movie. Lots of action and very neato effects. I give it a 7/10. I saw it twice in the theater.

IMDB: In an alternate Victorian Age world, a group of famous contemporary fantasy, SF and adventure characters team up on a secret mission.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/lxg/

American Wedding - GREAT GREAT MOVIE. This is American Pie III, but unlike number II, this movie is very funny and very nicely done. Stiffler gets hit hard in this movie, but in the end all ends well. 8/10.

IMDB: The third film in the American Pie series deals with the wedding of Jim and Michelle and the gathering of their families and friends, including Jim's old friends from high school and Michelle's little sister.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/american_wedding/

Bad Boys II - GREAT movie. This movie was very long though, and had more action than the previous installment. The comedy was good. 9/10

IMDB: Narcotics cops Mike Lowrey (Smith) and Marcus Bennett (Lawrence) head up a task force investigating the flow of ecstasy into Miami...

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/badboys2/

S.W.A.T. - See my other thread.

Mr_love_monkey
20-08-2003, 07:33
Originally posted by Jerrek
American Wedding - GREAT GREAT MOVIE. This is American Pie III, but unlike number II, this movie is very funny and very nicely done. Stiffler gets hit hard in this movie, but in the end all ends well. 8/10.

Totally agree, great film - saw it last night - there's not many films I've seen where the entire audience cringes all at the same time, namely in the 'chocolate' scence.
Well worth seeing - a lot of reviews have complained that it's a little 'low-brow' - but come on, you don't go to a film like that expecting rocket science, or a wonderfully complex plot - if you want to have a good laugh, and enough toilet humour - which I do - go see it.

timewarrior2001
20-08-2003, 09:03
Saw pirates of the caribbean last week, its a great movie.

My and my fiance are now looking forward to Freddy Versus Jason.
We know the movie will be pretty much pants, but I'm a Jason fan and she's a Freddy fan.
:D

ic14
20-08-2003, 12:44
Pirates of the Caribbean is the best movie of the summer, one thing though, i cant belive it was done by disney!!

orangebird
20-08-2003, 15:50
Originally posted by ic14
Pirates of the Caribbean is the best movie of the summer, one thing though, i cant belive it was done by disney!!

Same here. Worth it all just to see the gorgeousness that is Johnny Depp..... :naughty:

Mark W
20-08-2003, 15:53
anyone seen 'the man who sued god' yet?

Jerrek
20-08-2003, 16:45
Originally posted by orangebird
Same here. Worth it all just to see the gorgeousness that is Johnny Depp..... :naughty:

I so agree with you... And Colin Farrel isn't bad either. Seeing him in S.W.A.T.... :drool: :drool:

orangebird
20-08-2003, 16:53
I so agree with you... And Colin Farrel isn't bad either. Seeing him in S.W.A.T.... :drool: :drool:

No, not so fussed on Colin Farrell - I think he's a bit of a d1ckhead tbh.... Did you know he auditioned for WestLife?? lmao...:D:D

Johnny Depp rules....cheekbones that could cut butter...mmmmm :drool: :romance:

Jerrek
20-08-2003, 20:02
Ah well, I don't know too much about Clin Farrell, just that he is one very cute guy. Johnny Depp .... ah goodness:

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/16/05/12m.jpg

And Colin Farrell :drool:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2003/08/2.jpg

Bex
20-08-2003, 20:03
nice pic of colin ferrell! mmmmmmmm

i really really wanna go and see the piglet movie, anyone care to admit to seeing it?

Jerrek
20-08-2003, 20:03
piglet?

Bex
20-08-2003, 20:05
yeah you know piglet from winnie the pooh

Jerrek
20-08-2003, 20:09
Nope haven't seen it, nor have I even heard of the movie.

Bex
20-08-2003, 20:10
Nope haven't seen it, nor have I even heard of the movie.

fair enough! i'm taking my nephew to see it! lol

Lord Nikon
22-08-2003, 06:51
Originally posted by ic14

Well, the film may have been Disney, but the Special Effects was ILM (Industrial Light & Magic, George Lucas' (Star Wars etc) Company) who have always been on the cutting edge of SFX

:D

ic14
22-08-2003, 11:03
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
Well, the film may have been Disney, but the Special Effects was ILM (Industrial Light & Magic, George Lucas' (Star Wars etc) Company) who have always been on the cutting edge of SFX
Should have gussed ILM had a hand in it!

Hick
27-08-2003, 23:54
American Pie 3 was very good :D This one was definately better than the third one, even though I had visions of the pattern continuing i.e 1st best - last worst. Fortunately it didn't and there was that rare feeling of enjoying the film with everyone else in the cinema :)

I went to an advanced screening and we were put in a small screen (well small for a cinema that has an IMAX screen :D ) and everyone in there was enjoying the film together. The bit where everyone cringed in our cinema was the closet scene. ;) I haven't laughed so much in ages :D

bopdude
28-08-2003, 00:00
AP3 is on my list of to see's, as is TR2.....mmmmmmmmm, lara :)

Jerrek
28-08-2003, 02:55
The Medallion - OK movie. Not bad, but not that great. Funny though. Worth the 3 pounds I paid.

timewarrior2001
28-08-2003, 09:09
Freddy V Jason is worht going to see if you are a fan of either one.
I laughed my ass of all the way through.
The movie admittedly is pretty crap but worth seeing if your a fan.