PDA

View Full Version : Complete loss of service in Leeds (LS6 4EX)

Jon_
14-11-2004, 12:33
Woke up this morning to no broadband at all,the stand alone modem will attempt to go though the normal lights flashing when powering up but after that only the power and enet lights are on. tried restarting pc power off for ten mins etc. also my ntl landline is dead to. tried contacting customer service but got a answer phone, so sent them a email but doubt that will get looked at real soon! currently on my phones internet and i cant figure out how to do paragraphs so sorry about that! anyone else got a similar problem in leeds or it just me? anyone know of any customer service departments that open on sunday? thanks Jon

Chris W
14-11-2004, 12:35
tech support is open today if your internet is still down...

0845 650 0925

Paul K
14-11-2004, 12:38
Woke up this morning to no broadband at all,the stand alone modem will attempt to go though the normal lights flashing when powering up but after that only the power and enet lights are on. tried restarting pc power off for ten mins etc. also my ntl landline is dead to. tried contacting customer service but got a answer phone, so sent them a email but doubt that will get looked at real soon! currently on my phones internet and i cant figure out how to do paragraphs so sorry about that! anyone else got a similar problem in leeds or it just me? anyone know of any customer service departments that open on sunday? thanks Jon
Anyone else in your neighbourhood on NTL? Asking around may give you an idea if it's a localised fault or if it's just your connections affected. We had the power/ eth lights only problem during the week and it was a localised problem that went away as quickly as it arrived, I wouldn't worry about re-booting the pc until T/S tell you to on the phone :)

Jon_
14-11-2004, 12:46
tech support is open today if your internet is still down...

0845 650 0925
Ah cheers for that the phone bill only have a 0800 0522000 one. turns out something broke and they are replacing some fibre optics and all should be back by five. from sound of it half of leeds has no form of any ntl service!time for pub i think!

tomjleeds
14-11-2004, 12:50
I'm in LS16 (the next street is LS6) and had absolutely no service this morning. Checked in the engineer menus of the STB and got a 301 No Signal error starting sometime around 8AM this morning.

Thanks for the number, monkeybreath. The 0800 departments are all closed and the 'emergency phone service voicemailbox' is full. I think you're right, Jon, in saying that half of Leeds seems to be out. Luckily, I'm back up again, firing on all cylinders :D

Jon_
14-11-2004, 12:55
Weird after spendin 5 mins on my phone keying in my last post, my msn suddenly jumped to life, my broadband is back but still no landline :)

The lady i spoke to mentioned LS5,6,7,15,16,16 i think

Cheers for the number monkeybreath

My landlines working now to :D