PDA

View Full Version : Cable to ADSL with existing router

darren
13-11-2004, 22:34
Hi, I've been with NTL for about 3 years but I may be moving to a none NTL area that only has ADSL.

I'd like to continue to use my wireless ethernet router, but buy a cheap ADSL to ethernet modem that allows ALL traffic to go through it like the NTL modem does now, so that my router can decide what to do with it. I want it to be more or less transparent to my router so it continues to work the same way, and I don't want to spend more than £30 on it.

Also can anyone recomment an ADSL provider without a CAP, that offers 1MB down, 256KB up for less that £25?

Thanks a lot

dilli-theclaw
13-11-2004, 23:59
Hi, I've been with NTL for about 3 years but I may be moving to a none NTL area that only has ADSL.

I'd like to continue to use my wireless ethernet router, but buy a cheap ADSL to ethernet modem that allows ALL traffic to go through it like the NTL modem does now, so that my router can decide what to do with it. I want it to be more or less transparent to my router so it continues to work the same way, and I don't want to spend more than £30 on it.

Also can anyone recomment an ADSL provider without a CAP, that offers 1MB down, 256KB up for less that £25?

Thanks a lot I may be able to help with the 1st part of your problem - pm me on Friday.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201576&pcount=&Product_Id=158009&Section.Section_Path=%2FRoot%2FNetworking%2FWirele ssNetworking%2F80211gWi%2E%2E%2Etworking%2F

I have one of these and will no longer require it as I'm going back to NTL, it has a lifetime gurantee and I'm sure we can arrange a suitable price ;)

kronas
14-11-2004, 00:23
I have one of these and will no longer require it as I'm going back to NTL, it has a lifetime gurantee and I'm sure we can arrange a suitable price ;)

your going back :disturbd: i hope you know what your letting yourself in for ... :erm: :D :p:

Nikko
14-11-2004, 00:35
your going back :disturbd: i hope you know what your letting yourself in for ... :erm: :D :p:

The grass is not always greener............

danielf
14-11-2004, 00:44

Name another provider that gives you (will do in a few months) a 2 meg line for £25...

kronas
14-11-2004, 02:50
Name another provider that gives you (will do in a few months) a 2 meg line for £25...

its capped ;) i was just pulling his leg, im happy, ill be even happier when im on 3mbit. :p:

darren
14-11-2004, 16:37
Thanks for the reply, I decided to look on ebuyer and found this D-Link ADSL Modem With Ethernet - Interface (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=3007281531&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=59999), which would seem to do the job, however