PDA

View Full Version : Suspect attachments in ntl e mail

bertJ
07-11-2004, 20:14
In the last few days I've had a number of suspect e mails containing attachments from ntlworld.com e mail addresses. I've obviously not opened any of them but they all have headings such as 'bounced e mail'; 'undelivered e mail'; 'Post Office returned' I've added all the senders to my blocked list.
Has anyone else received similar messages? If so be very wary if you do.

monkey2468
07-11-2004, 21:41
In the last few days I've had a number of suspect e mails containing attachments from ntlworld.com e mail addresses. I've obviously not opened any of them but they all have headings such as 'bounced e mail'; 'undelivered e mail'; 'Post Office returned' I've added all the senders to my blocked list.
Has anyone else received similar messages? If so be very wary if you do.They are viruses, probably I-worm/netsky.q.
someone who has your email address probably doesnt have an upto date virus scanner.

I get about 10 a day!!

Stephen
08-11-2004, 08:41
I get a lot of these as well but not just from ntlworld.com email addys. Some of them seem to be from people on other message boards, they are driving me crazy. Norton detects them though and deletes the attachment.