PDA

View Full Version : ITV 3 - freeview problem

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:30
Has anyone else had a problem with viewing ITV3 on freeview?

I can hear it just fine, but not actually SEE it

I've retuned the box - and done a full reset.

Still no joy.

Graham F
02-11-2004, 19:31
what make of box u got?

has this just started or is has it been like that all day?

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:35
what make of box u got?

has this just started or is has it been like that all day?

It's a sagem box....

Unfortunately it's also the box I have at work and I'm not back there till friday...

It was like that all day...

ALL the other channels work just fine tho.

Graham F
02-11-2004, 19:36
well i work for daewoo and was watching itv3 on there freeview box just fine!! you haven't deslected the channel on favorites or anything have you?

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:38
well i work for daewoo and was watching itv3 on there freeview box just fine!! you haven't deslected the channel on favorites or anything have you?

Nope, nothing like that :(

Thanks for your help btw :)

Graham F
02-11-2004, 19:41
where abts do you live and can you see itv 2 on channel 6 ok?

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:51
where abts do you live and can you see itv 2 on channel 6 ok?

I live in bedfordshire, Yup I can see itv2 ok.... I live in Sandy which is only about 4km from the Sandy Heath transmitter.

iadom
02-11-2004, 19:53
I went up to my mum's earlier today and updated her freeview box, ITV 3 worked perfectly, channel 34.

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:54
I went up to my mum's earlier today and updated her freeview box, ITV 3 worked perfectly, channel 34.

Must be the box then. Oh well :(

Graham F
02-11-2004, 19:57
Must be the box then. Oh well :(

seems strange that all the rest of your channels are fine, usually if its the box it would have trouble putting all of the multiplex on to the box but you have itv2 which is on the same one!!

weird :erm:

dilli-theclaw
02-11-2004, 19:59
seems strange that all the rest of your channels are fine, usually if its the box it would have trouble putting all of the multiplex on to the box but you have itv2 which is on the same one!!

weird :erm:

It is peculiar, The audio stream works just fine, that's what's really weird.

dilli-theclaw
03-11-2004, 17:50
Ok, so I go round the mother in law's house tonight as she has a bush freeview box. Guess what? Only audio on ITV3 on there too..

I'm getting really confused now. I think I'm gonna call freeview and bbc tomorrow.

yesman
04-11-2004, 22:50
Ok, so I go round the mother in law's house tonight as she has a bush freeview box. Guess what? Only audio on ITV3 on there too..

I'm getting really confused now. I think I'm gonna call freeview and bbc tomorrow.
Any developments Dill ?

dilli-theclaw
04-11-2004, 23:51
Any developments Dill ?

I was told to call the manufacturor of the boxes. :(

dilli-theclaw
10-11-2004, 10:44
update.

It started working yesterday!!!

I flicked over and it was ok. apparently it's now ok on the mother in law's box too...

Maybe a transmitter problem?

Anyway it's ok now :)

Graham F
10-11-2004, 10:50
I am led to believe it was to do with the signal that sandy heath gets, it was getting a relay signal from the peterboro transmitter, when that went up in smoke!! it caused probs, they have now fixed it by going through a transmitter in London....thats what the BBC reckon anyway :D

dilli-theclaw
10-11-2004, 11:02
I am led to believe it was to do with the signal that sandy heath gets, it was getting a relay signal from the peterboro transmitter, when that went up in smoke!! it caused probs, they have now fixed it by going through a transmitter in London....thats what the BBC reckon anyway :D
I'm glad someone knew what was going on :) - Cheers for the info.

angmel
31-05-2005, 17:41
I have been having trouble with ITV3 & ITV1 on my freeview box they go off after a couple of seconds and I have to reset the freeview box

my freeview is a nokia I live in lancashire, but last week I took the box to norfolk and had the same problem there
My husband rany top up tv(its not there problem) on an other matter and they said they had had a number of people mentioning it

Chris O'grady
12-09-2007, 12:50
I have a Goodmans box, and live in Devon and ITV3 disappeared about a month ago. My sister-in-law lives in Newcastle and the same happened to her (don't know what make of box).

dilli-theclaw
12-09-2007, 12:55
Firstly welcome to the site :)

You should try retuning your box or TV to see if you can get it back. As I understand it freeview were doing some channel sorting around that time.

arkwright23
21-09-2007, 11:17
I have a Goodmans box, and live in Devon and ITV3 disappeared about a month ago. My sister-in-law lives in Newcastle and the same happened to her (don't know what make of box).

I have a Goodman GDB3 box and ITV 3 would come on for a couple of seconds and then go off and just show a blank screen.

I corrected the problem as follows:

click menu
click installation
click first time installation
select 'yes' to delete all channels
choose the tv type you have
and off you go

I tried initially searching for new channels, but to no avail.

regards
A

Brian101
24-09-2007, 10:51
Had the same problem of not being able to receive ITV3 Freeview on two different boxes over the week-end. Have done a channel search on each box and they are both receiving ITV3 again. The broadcaster must have done something to cause this. Signal strength and quality is high an it has always worked before.