PDA

View Full Version : NT Hell

froupster
02-11-2004, 15:44
back in march broadband was due to be installed in my flat, but i cancelled it and closed my account. 2 months later i discovered NTL hadn't actually closed my account and had taken 2 months payment (totalling £35.98) from my credit card that had been listed. since then it has been nothing but complete hell and aggravation to try and retrieve my money back off them.
supposedly a cheque was sent out to me, it was never recieved, so i have gone through the same charade every single month since calling and chasing up the whereabouts of my money. every single time i am told the same thing, the cheque has been "processed" and you will recieve it in a month, although today i was told by someone else that it now takes 8 weeks to process!
i've also been told that i cannot speak to a manager or anyone in charge, is this company for real?
it is now november and i've been chasing MY money since april/may!!
is there some kind of watchdog i can complain to about this? i think its totally ridiculous.
any help would be appreciated, i get absolutely NOWHERE dealing with customer services on the phone. twice today i was put through to a glasgow office who then had to transfer me back.. GRRRR

Derek
02-11-2004, 15:51
Where are you calling from?

If it's from the Glasgow, Wales or Northern Ireland areas PM me your account number and I'll look into it for you.

froupster
02-11-2004, 15:52
London, thanks anyway.

i'm back on phone to London billing enquiries.

MovedGoalPosts
02-11-2004, 16:00
If you are getting nowhere with ntl there is always OFCOM, although they may not want to act until you can assure them ntl are not dealing with your complaint. Even if they do intervene, it could take a little while to see proper action.

You could always try the regional director contacts at ntl http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome

froupster
02-11-2004, 16:03
thanks for that, that's exactly what i shall do if i don't get any joy after today.

Neil
02-11-2004, 16:12
<Snip>

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome.

quadplay
02-11-2004, 16:19
If you paid by credit card, try contacting your credit card company - they may be able to arrange to chargeback. Otherwise, send a registered letter to head office (ntl Group Limited, Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP) giving them 28 days to send you a cheque for the appropriate amount, or you will persue the matter through the small claims court - and if you don't receive a cheque, do exactly that.

froupster
02-11-2004, 16:42
thanks, i will.