PDA

View Full Version : Engineer required for re-activation, why??!?

LeeUK
02-11-2004, 12:32
Hi all :)
Last month I had my NTL broadband connection cut off, long story so I wont go into it. I have phone NTL last night to get it reconnected. Let me just point out at this time that nothing has physically been 'disconnected' at my property, or in the cabinet down the street. Everything is still there just as before. Upon calling NTL last night I was told that I would have to wait about a month (26th November) for an engineer to come out to me to reconnect me. Obviously I asked why this was necessary, and she could not give me an answer. After being transferred around various departments for what seemed like forever, I gave up and just agreed to have an engineer come out.

If anyone from NTL reads this message (or anyone else who may know), please can you let me know why this has to be done? I do not understand what the engineer is going to do when he gets here? It seems to me like it will be a wasted trip for an engineer and a waste of a month for me..........

Is there no way that my connection can just be unblocked from NTL's end? they managed to disconnect me with the push of a button so why cant I be reconnected this way??!

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

Graham F
02-11-2004, 12:35
:welcome: to the forum.

how can you be so sure that ntl haven't sent someone out to disc the connection in the cab?!?

Marge
02-11-2004, 12:43
LeeUK, where in the country are you??

LeeUK
02-11-2004, 12:48
:welcome: to the forum.

how can you be so sure that ntl haven't sent someone out to disc the connection in the cab?!?
When we called to have it disconnected, we did state that we may require it to be reconnected in the near future and the woman on the phone told us 'all you'll need to do is call back and ask to be re-instated, nothing will be disconnected or changed there it can all be done from our end'.
I just got off the phone with a guy from NTL tech support in swansea who confirmed that they do not need to send an engineer - so I phoned customer services back who insist and engineer is required to bring me a new modem and reconnect it.

Edit: Thanks for the welcome by the way ;)

Debsy42 - I am in Luton, Bedfordshire.