PDA

View Full Version : Billed twice ???

glitchuk
02-11-2004, 09:41
Hi perhaps somebody here may have had this happen to them. I have been billed 4 times for Oct instead of the usual 2, I contacted NTL and after a wait of 30 mins at 08:30 in the morning !!! managed to speak to somebody. After various questions and long silences I was informed that there is no record of the extra payments and I would have to ring another dept. I did and spoke to another lady who once again checked various things and said that again there was no record of these extra payments but wanted to transfer me back to the dept I had just come from and informed me there would be a bit of a wait. I declined as by now my head was overheating from the phone being rested on it for so long and could not take repeating myself once more to someone else. I have sent them a complaint in the official way from there website but am not going to hold my breath on that one as last time I got no response.
Does anyone have any ideas of where to go from here and get my £70 back as the long wait on CS is sucking my will to live. Thanks in advance.

Graham F
02-11-2004, 10:02
Was it taken by DD?

if so claim an indemetiy (typo) from your bank for the overcharge!!

glitchuk
02-11-2004, 11:23
Yes it was taken by direct debit.

gavnad
02-11-2004, 17:35
what services you paying for?
i may be able to take a look when i go back in tomorrow.

paulyoung666
02-11-2004, 18:21
Yes it was taken by direct debit.

speak to your bank and explain what has happened :)

Gareth
02-11-2004, 19:13
Get a copy of your latest statement from your bank - including the reference numbers of all the NTL transactions - and then you should call NTL back (keep a good book close by to keep yourself occupied... I recommend A Tale of Two Cities) and tell them you have proof in front of you and quote them the reference numbers.

They are obliged by the conditions of the Direct Debit Agreement to reimburse you immediately if you can prove they have incorrectly debited the wrong amount/made multiple debits (which is why you'll need the statements).

HTH

glitchuk
03-11-2004, 08:34
Thanks, I'll go see my bank and get the statements and then give them another call and see what they say. Incidently I have the usual phone, tv and 1.5Mb broadband...

gavnad
04-11-2004, 21:08
sorry gareth thats not quite correct,under the terms of the dd guarantee the customer is entitled to a full and immediate refund "from his bank" in the event of an error

glitchuk
05-11-2004, 08:49
I went to my bank and they have said the money will be refunded. The money was taken from an old direct debit which had not been used since May so now I will contact NTL and see if they can assure me it will not happen again.

bob_builder
05-11-2004, 10:32
I went to my bank and they have said the money will be refunded. The money was taken from an old direct debit which had not been used since May so now I will contact NTL and see if they can assure me it will not happen again.
Ask the bank to cancel the old direct debit - it will never happen again then!