PDA

View Full Version : Insensitive...

Richard M
18-08-2003, 10:38
http://www.binnes.com/t8_breakrecord.jpg

Thanks to ic0n0 on Detnet for finding this. :)

Chris
18-08-2003, 11:07
finding what?

orangebird
18-08-2003, 11:14
Originally posted by towny
finding what?

That's what I was wondering.... :confused:

Richard M
18-08-2003, 11:31
Originally posted by towny
finding what?

For finding the page, and grabbing the pic.

orangebird
18-08-2003, 11:52
Originally posted by Roger K
For finding the page, and grabbing the pic.

What page and what pic?????? Or is it just me and towny? :shrug: :confused:

Richard M
18-08-2003, 11:58
:confused: :confused: :confused:

OK, here is the pic again...

Paul K
Takes a while to load and I must admit it didn't go down to well on Neowin when someone posted it there last week.
By the way I'm led to believe the official records site entry has been ammended now as someone pointed out the mistake to them.

homealone
Originally posted by orangebird
What page and what pic?????? Or is it just me and towny? :shrug: :confused:

I can't see it either, but I'm at work & the corporate firewall often removes embedded pictures from posts. I can usually see them ok when I get home.

<edit> it works ok from the link

Bifta
18-08-2003, 12:27
Originally posted by Roger K
:confused: :confused: :confused:

OK, here is the pic again...

In an odd, sick way I find that very funny.

Theodoric
18-08-2003, 21:00
Speaking of numbers, at the end of January 1945, a Russian submarine sank the Wilhelm Gustloff carrying refugees from East Prussia and killed about 7000 people. A few days later the same submarine sank the hospital ship, General Steuben, also in the Baltic, and killed a few thousand more. Not quite terrorism, but it does tend to put things into perspective.

If your mind runs to this kind of unpleasant record, the first is the largest recorded maritime disaster.

Ramrod
18-08-2003, 22:36
Originally posted by Theodoric
Speaking of numbers, at the end of January 1945, a Russian submarine sank the Wilhelm Gustloff carrying refugees from East Prussia and killed about 7000 people. A few days later the same submarine sank the hospital ship, General Steuben, also in the Baltic, and killed a few thousand more. Not quite terrorism, but it does tend to put things into perspective.

If your mind runs to this kind of unpleasant record, the first is the largest recorded maritime disaster. Yes. People forget that we are in a relatively peaceful/stable time:(