PDA

View Full Version : 'Broadband lite' from ntl business

Graham F
27-10-2004, 21:12
ntl business have launched a new entry level service called 'Broadband lite' (http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?site=lightreading&doc_id=61843). From what i can see it gives business users the ability to get broadband 750k and 1.5Mb at residential prices. It seems a good idea for small businesses, does this mean they pay the same amount as all you guys and get a better support service because its for businesses?!?!

bruiser
28-10-2004, 00:15
wouldn't it be better to give better support for people that are already customers?

Escapee
28-10-2004, 07:49
Didn't realise business were still going!

I suppose this is yet another new product that they will launch, fail and remove leaving the customer high and dry!

ntl business has a bad reputation for this. :rolleyes:

Derek
28-10-2004, 08:58
Is it just me or does the 1.5MB price show as being £34.99?

It's the same on the press release on Digitalspy. Surely they can't offer a business service for less than the residential one...

Graham F
28-10-2004, 09:27
Yep it does seem strange....but who broke the story first here or DS?!? :angel:

PC_Arcade
02-11-2004, 11:56
What's the difference between business and residential? and what's to stop residential customers switching to business? for a saving of £3 per month, I'll switch immediately if there's no big downside

orangebird
02-11-2004, 14:14
Didn't realise business were still going!

I suppose this is yet another new product that they will launch, fail and remove leaving the customer high and dry!

ntl business has a bad reputation for this. :rolleyes:

Well, considering you didn't even think that ntl: Business were even operational, you're opinion of them really shouldn't be counted for much. ntl: Business is a good unit, with high profile contracts, and very happy customers. Where do you get off?????? :mad:

slimshady
03-11-2004, 12:53
Well, considering you didn't even think that ntl: Business were even operational, you're opinion of them really shouldn't be counted for much. ntl: Business is a good unit, with high profile contracts, and very happy customers. Where do you get off?????? :mad:

Hmmm, Sorry I'll have to stick up for Escapee on this one they are terrible for launching products and then a few months later going ooooh we didn't want to do that - When I worked in ntl: Business our department were always left with the pieces of leftover products that a handful of customers were still using. I do however agree ntl: Business do have some high profile contracts, and yes *some* very happy customers - they also have/had some very very unhappy ones!!!

My personal opinion of ntl: Business is that they are being left behind in the dust of companies like BT and their resellers - Their prices for circuits/leased lines/internet links is astronomical, and they are no longer in touch with their customers requirements, line sizes, presentation of circuits etc..