PDA

View Full Version : Connection dropping.

Florence
24-10-2004, 17:20
I am not sure what is causing this but recently I have had times when the internet is dropped. sometimes its the router that works again after a reboot other times the modem.

As I type this I have this image on my screen.

paulyoung666
24-10-2004, 17:37
i wonder if that is some form of program corruption , mind you i am only guessing :disturbd: :D :D

Florence
24-10-2004, 22:30
i wonder if that is some form of program corruption , mind you i am only guessing :disturbd: :D :D
:D you was wrong I had the expert help of BBK earlier after I posted this and it seems my router was crashing that was all the red. I have updated the firmware and hope that solves the problem.

bruiser
25-10-2004, 12:58
i am getting the same problem

but i don't have that graph software

it happens like when i am downloading big files just randomly i have the network connection thingy next to the clock and randomly it says

ur network connection is unpluged and every diconnects after a while then once everything disconnects it says ur connection is at 100meg!!

well ****ed up

any one no how i can sort it?

Tezcatlipoca
25-10-2004, 18:59
i am getting the same problem

but i don't have that graph software

it happens like when i am downloading big files just randomly i have the network connection thingy next to the clock and randomly it says

ur network connection is unpluged and every diconnects after a while then once everything disconnects it says ur connection is at 100meg!!

well ****ed up

any one no how i can sort it?

Do you use a standalone cable modem (SACM) or a set-top box (STB) for your broadband, bruiser?

Do you connect directly, or do you use a router?

I had a similar problem with my old Linksys BEFSR41 router...on one of the old firmware versions, it would randomly drop the connection, & XP would tell me the actual network connection was disconnected.

btw, are you bruiser from BXB?

Florence
25-10-2004, 19:06
updating the firmware has sorted mine out take a look at the new graph.

bruiser
25-10-2004, 20:26
i ahve a stand alone thingy with a belkin router with 3 pcs on it 1 mine!!! the best one lol!!!

yeah i will try updaeing the thingy

bruiser
25-10-2004, 20:27
oh yeah i am from bxb

lol

bruiser
25-10-2004, 20:31
ok there is nothing on belkins site to updata the firmwire

Tuftus
26-10-2004, 13:30
ok there is nothing on belkins site to updata the firmwire

http://web.belkin.com/support/download/downloaddetails.asp?download=780&lang=1

bruiser
26-10-2004, 13:59
oh lol thanks

well it updated

bruiser
26-10-2004, 17:31
nah it didn't work i think it made it worst as now when it droped i have to reset the routers power to get it back!

e-mailed belkin but there support centre is prob in somewhere like china and they can't read english or sumit so i am not really expecting help from them since my mate didn't get much out of them lol