PDA

View Full Version : Black screen upon return!

Oldvinyl
15-08-2003, 21:58
Set video this morning to record Cycling on Eurosport. Came home to find Channnel 43 blank & 2 hours of blank video, tho' it was transmitting ok wthis morning???
I went up a channel & back down again & all was back ok!! Anyone else had similar prob'?

Total Anger cannot begin to describe my fury! This has happened before, do I need a new STB?

jemnery
16-08-2003, 17:48
Originally posted by Oldvinyl
Set video this morning to record Cycling on Eurosport. Came home to find Channnel 43 blank & 2 hours of blank video, tho' it was transmitting ok wthis morning???
I went up a channel & back down again & all was back ok!! Anyone else had similar prob'?

Total Anger cannot begin to describe my fury! This has happened before, do I need a new STB?

I've had this, and also several times I've made a recording and it turned out afterwards that the Pace box had decided not to output any sound. :mad: :mad:

After contacting ntl they replaced my box with a seemingly identical one, and I've had no problems since.

Interestingly the engineer that came out had also had problems like this at home, and he said that it was due to a dogdy batch of Pace 4001's - the old one was a "phase 2" and the new one is a "phase 3" apparently.

Oldvinyl
18-08-2003, 17:21
Thanks jc

I'll get in touch with them.

Tho' not sure what model STB I have.

Oldvinyl

GazzaB
18-08-2003, 17:43
Sounds silly but make sure your scart and co-ax leads havn't come loose before you call!!!:wavey: