PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks and motorways

Caspar
12-10-2004, 08:54
It's that time of year and the youth of today never cease to amaze me!

On my way to work today I drove under a motorway bridge. As i did that I noticed what I thought was a discarded cigarette. I just happened to look in my rear view as the car behind me drove over it too, both going about 60. The cigarette BLEW UP!...yes it was a firework! ...perfectly timed it exploded underneath the car behind me....other than a fright no damage was caused, no swerving or explosions! (luckily no leaking petrol tanks, hey Nugget!). I noticed some kids on the bridge as I was driving upto the bridge but they were not on the bridge after the firework had gone off.... hmmm.

Anyway, i just wanted to give you all the head's up on this years youthful craze of throwing fireworks off of bridges :(

Russ
12-10-2004, 08:58
Perhaps one day they'll get confused and throw themselves off the bridge and keep the firework up there.....

No, that's nasty! But I'm not surprised at the above. Seems like each year the little chavs find more and more inventive ways to play with their fireworks :(

ZrByte
12-10-2004, 09:20
It's that time of year and the youth of today never cease to amaze me!

On my way to work today I drove under a motorway bridge. As i did that I noticed what I thought was a discarded cigarette. I just happened to look in my rear view as the car behind me drove over it too, both going about 60. The cigarette BLEW UP!...yes it was a firework! ...perfectly timed it exploded underneath the car behind me....other than a fright no damage was caused, no swerving or explosions! (luckily no leaking petrol tanks, hey Nugget!). I noticed some kids on the bridge as I was driving upto the bridge but they were not on the bridge after the firework had gone off.... hmmm.

Anyway, i just wanted to give you all the head's up on this years youthful craze of throwing fireworks off of bridges :(

Theres a 15 (I think) year old around here up on murder charges as they decided to drop a small fridge off one of our Dual carriageway bridges around where I live. It went straight through the windshield of a transit van and killed the driver.

gary_580
12-10-2004, 09:29
Perhaps one day they'll get confused and throw themselves off the bridge and keep the firework up there.....

No, that's nasty! But I'm not surprised at the above. Seems like each year the little chavs find more and more inventive ways to play with their fireworks :(

:Yikes: Broad brush!! Its not just chavs!! ;)

Russ
12-10-2004, 09:37
Ah well, sometimes it's nice to generalise :D ;) :p:

j/k!!

altis
12-10-2004, 10:20
It's now illegal for anyone under 18 to have a firework in a public place - as if that's going to stop 'em :(