PDA

View Full Version : White On White

testcard
14-08-2003, 20:40
Dulux have developed a white paint that goes on pink and fades to pure white after 40 minutes This prevents you missing bits when painting white on white.

Honest Guv

gazzae
14-08-2003, 20:42
Really? I wonder how many people will return it to the store saying "Yeah I wanted white but this is pink" lol

Atomic22
14-08-2003, 20:43
good idea that is.......
normally they have a white paint that goes on pure white but fades to off-white within a week if anyone lets a smoker in their house

Theodoric
14-08-2003, 22:59
Originally posted by testcard
Dulux have developed a white paint that goes on pink and fades to pure white after 40 minutes This prevents you missing bits when painting white on white.

Honest Guv
Sounds like a good idea. I always found myself looking at the paint at the surface at an oblique angle trying to spot the edge of the wet paint. And, as you say, it is awfully easy to miss a patch; I'd normally spot it much too late.

danielf
14-08-2003, 23:10
Excellent idea. Especially for evening paint jobs.

Theodoric
17-08-2003, 15:29
Originally posted by danielf
Excellent idea. Especially for evening paint jobs.
Very true. Never paint in the evening if you can avoid it. High Noon is the painting time of choice.

kronas
17-08-2003, 15:30
i expect the cost of this will be quite high a premiuim me thinks...

tabatha
17-08-2003, 16:11
Hi...Have used often...barely dearer than"normal"white emulsion..
Brilliant for artexed ceilings....

Theodoric
18-08-2003, 21:09
Originally posted by tabatha
Hi...Have used often...barely dearer than"normal"white emulsion..
Brilliant for artexed ceilings....
As someone who has had to paint an Artexed ceilings for his sins, I can only say,"Why diddn't they invent it years ago!"

Xaccers
18-08-2003, 21:15
Originally posted by Theodoric
Very true. Never paint in the evening if you can avoid it. High Noon is the painting time of choice.

And if you get the right paint, it can be very high noon ;)

This was patented ages ago, as some other inventer came up with it on some inventors tv show I watched where they check to see if it is new and can be marketed.

Ramrod
18-08-2003, 21:17
Artex......anyone who applies that to walls should have their naked body dragged over it from one side of the room to the other:afire:
....the paints a good idea though:)

Ramrod
18-08-2003, 21:18
Originally posted by Xaccers
And if you get the right paint, it can be very high noon ;)

Took me a while to get it......:D