PDA

View Full Version : John Titor

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2004, 20:46
I like to keep an eye on Neowin Forums, especially the section called Area 51 as its usually a right laugh given the stuff some people will belive. However, sometimes something comes along that makes you stop and think a bit - something that just seems to be a bit special.

And basically this is one of them, a person who claims to be from the future (2036) who has came back to 1975 to get an IBM 5100 machine to help fix a problem with UNIX.

Now your thinking WTF?? hahaha... ;) But this is a bit special like i said, the guy is either telling the truth or its an exquisitly detailed hoax. I'll will leave you to decide which.

http://www.johntitor.com/ (Start by selecting The Posts By Date on the Left Hand side in November 2000)

This site is basically a collection of his important posts to a forum where he describes the future and what is about to happen, he even puts up diagrams and pictures for his time machine and explains how it all works and also answers other posters questions.

If anything its a very good read to see how far someone will go.

ZrByte
05-10-2004, 21:20
I first read this about a year ago, a very detailed hoax IMO.
The first thought I couldnt shake when reading this is the old question "If you could go back in time, what would you do?" and not once could I think of any concievable reason to go back in time to post on a forum :erm:
Looks to me like either the guy who done this was very bored or it could have been part of a psychological experiment. I heard about somone who done something like this for a psycology thesis (Or something similar), basicly its a study of peoples reactions.

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2004, 21:29
I agree its a hoax, but its a very good one which is why i posted it. He goes into some incredible detail and i love the way he plays with time so that even if the events he describe dont happen he's got it covered.

Like how he went from 2036 back to 1975 to get the IBM then came forward to 2000 to be with his (past) family, but then has to go back to 1975 to get back to his 2036 as the timeline from when he arrived in 2000 will have altered the future and the 2036 we will experience may be different from his actual 2036. Brilliant chat... ;)

ZrByte
05-10-2004, 21:30
I agree its a hoax, but its a very good one which is why i posted it. He goes into some incredible detail and i love the way he plays with time so that even if the events he describe dont happen he's got it covered.

Like how he went from 2036 back to 1975 to get the IBM then came forward to 2000 to be with his (past) family, but then has to go back to 1975 to get back to his 2036 as the timeline from when he arrived in 2000 will have altered the future and the 2036 we will experience may be different from his actual 2036. Brilliant chat... ;)

He could write for Star Trek, never before had I seen technobable so well put :D

jamesclarke555
05-10-2004, 21:31
Yeah, I stumbled on this ages ago and while it makes for a very interesting read, it just has to be BS. Apparently his "time machine" is just a giger counter from the civil defence force in the U.S like back in the late 50's :D

Ramrod
05-10-2004, 21:33
So, all eyes on 2005 & the USA then :D

TheBlueRaja
05-10-2004, 21:33
I heard about somone who done something like this for a psycology thesis (Or something similar), basicly its a study of peoples reactions.

Incidentally i think that was the guy who said we were going to be hit by a meteor and that the government was keeping it quiet. He was posting links to specific sites mentioning things about meteors and trajectories etc. and how if anyone noticed that the sun was dimmer recently etc....

jamesclarke555
05-10-2004, 21:47
Behold the most sought after computer in 2036 :p:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/10/22.jpg

And in any case, I just got back from the 25th century and I can state unequivocally that John Titor is full of crap ;) https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/01/9.gif

Richard M
05-10-2004, 22:03
Behold the most sought after computer in 2036 :p:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/10/22.jpg

Does it run Quake? :D