PDA

View Full Version : No further than "Terms and conditions screen"

SYROSSOUL
05-10-2004, 13:20
I have recently signed up to NTL BB, i did not have any joy in installing the BB service with the software povided on the disc. I phoned up tech support and they walked me through the installation process via Internet browser. It worked up untill the Terms and conditions screen, then just froze there for over half an hour. The lady i spoke to advised me to try again the next day...i did but still it was doing the same as before....any suggestions or solutions?

Mick
05-10-2004, 23:33
Welcome to the site SYROSSOUL. :welcome:

Try this (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7603&page=1). :)

Chris W
05-10-2004, 23:36
:welcome:

When you are on the registration site, if it freezes on the T&Cs, press F5 to refresh the page and then retry on the dialogue box that appears. You might have to do this 4/5 times, but it should get you through it eventually.

Also what area are you in because this might help me to get your problem sorted.

looselipsuk
06-10-2004, 01:00
As an update to this thread my mate is having exactly the same problem.
He lives in NG17 area which comes through a Mansfield UBR.

SYROSSOUL
06-10-2004, 16:36
Hi thanks for your replies, I am in hp2 (hemel hempstead), i spoke to tech support she said that they are "aware" of the problem , and that i should keep trying, thanks for the tip though i will try the F5 action

Chris
06-10-2004, 16:37
Hi thanks for your replies, I am in hp2 (hemel hempstead),
Howdy neighbour! :wavey:

SYROSSOUL
06-10-2004, 16:47
Howdy! Are you having the same problems?

Chris
06-10-2004, 16:51
Howdy! Are you having the same problems?
I did when I signed up, but I pretty much stumbled on Monkeybreath's solution by accident and it's ben fine for me since ... I'm your neighbour in Hemel rather than your neighbour in this particular problem with NTL :)

SYROSSOUL
06-10-2004, 17:01
cool what estate agency do you work for? where in hemel do you live?

Chris
06-10-2004, 17:02
cool what estate agency do you work for? where in hemel do you live?
I don't work for one ... I'm selling up to move north. I live in Grovehell.

looselipsuk
06-10-2004, 19:01
:welcome:

When you are on the registration site, if it freezes on the T&Cs, press F5 to refresh the page and then retry on the dialogue box that appears. You might have to do this 4/5 times, but it should get you through it eventually.

Also what area are you in because this might help me to get your problem sorted.

Not sure why but pressing F5 did not produce the desired result although my mate attempted this many times.
Today he managed to talk with a Level 3 Tech who is going to try to add the modem manually but told not to attempt internet access till tomorrow.
Will let you know if it is successful.