PDA

View Full Version : E-mail error message

iadom
04-10-2004, 22:59
I have just started to get this message when opening e-mails from a known contact.
It only happens with this one person and only seems to be with FWD messages.

I have virus scanned and they are clean, also cancelling the warning allows the message to display.
Has he got a problem on his machine that I should warn him about?
Is the "Undisclosed recipient" in the "To" field a clue.

Jon M
04-10-2004, 23:05
That looks like a javascript error, it may be perfectly ok.. but I would tend to turn all HTML options off in Outlook as it IS a potential virus hazard.

iadom
04-10-2004, 23:57
That looks like a javascript error, it may be perfectly ok.. but I would tend to turn all HTML options off in Outlook as it IS a potential virus hazard.I normally have OE set to display in plain text but had that option disabled, just puzzled as to why it is this one individual and only when he has forwarded a message. Why would it appear to be sent to "Undisclosed recipient" ???

goldoni
07-10-2004, 17:16
I normally have OE set to display in plain text but had that option disabled, just puzzled as to why it is this one individual and only when he has forwarded a message. Why would it appear to be sent to "Undisclosed recipient" ???

When I send any jokes out to a group of people I always send it as a BCC with nobody in the to field. All they will see is undisclosed recipient. The reason I do this is to protect peoples email addresses as some work for the government, police, banks etc. Itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s just a friendly thing to do. Hope that makes sense. :) Give it a try

iadom
07-10-2004, 17:55
for some strange reason I have had a slightly different problem with FWD e-mails from another known and trusted source. Even with OE set to read in HTML the forwarded e-mail appeared as an attachment with the main body of the message blank. Clicking on the attachment and opening the file just opened another copy of the same e-mail with blank message and an attachment. I could in fact read the vitally important message ( a joke he had sent ) using properties- view source etc. I have virus scanned all the messages, they are all clean.

I have had a couple of messages from both people in the past two days and they are displaying fine again. ??

I had not tinkered with OE before or after this started happening.

I will just blame it on SP2 for now.:)

goldoni
07-10-2004, 18:11
I had not tinkered with OE before or after this started happening. I will just blame it on SP2 for now.:)

Now bearing in mind I am a plumber and I hope I have not got the wrong end of the stick but your friends may of hit the attach email rather than forward the email. I have been getting emails like that prior to SP2.

A little OT but if you go to the main Firefox page do you see a download button as I still canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t see one and have put it down to SP2????

iadom
07-10-2004, 18:16
Now bearing in mind I am a plumber and I hope I have not got the wrong end of the stick but your friends may of hit the attach email rather than forward the email. I have been getting emails like that prior to SP2.

A little OT but if you go to the main Firefox page do you see a download button as I still canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t see one and have put it down to SP2????
All the e-mails that caused a problem flagged as FWD messages.
Re Firefox, I can see a big green download box, top right of the screen and although I have not yet tried it, I could download it.

goldoni
07-10-2004, 18:42
What you mean your not using Firefox??? I have been able to download it but not from that page. Are you still with IE6 now that is a problem in it self.

Sorry no more about Firefox as it's OT ;)