PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is coming . . .

Theodoric
04-10-2004, 19:54
. . . even though it's still nearly 3 months away. I saw the first Advent calendars in the shops last Saturday. Alongside these was a placard for children's Halloween costumes a month ahead of Halloween. I feel that the only reason that there aren't any haggises on sale yet is that they have to get Xmas out of the way first. I await the first suggestion that Burns Night is moved from January to June to avoid this problem.

Maggy
04-10-2004, 20:18
All the stuff for Crimbo has been on display since the kids went back to school on the 1st of September.So not only do I have to put up with items disappearing off the shelves due to the takeover by Morrisons but I also find that everything is being shifted around for Crimbo goods.I can't find anything at the supermarket at the moment. :rolleyes:

Halcyon
04-10-2004, 21:02
I love Christmas. Its my favourite time of the year.
However this year I want it to be a further away as possible as I have a 5000 word Essay to hand in and I am not looking forward to writing it at all.

Still, once thats over, I just love the festive Christmas spirit.

EDIT: Snow at christmas is also a good thing.

paulyoung666
04-10-2004, 21:14
. . . even though it's still nearly 3 months away. I saw the first Advent calendars in the shops last Saturday. Alongside these was a placard for children's Halloween costumes a month ahead of Halloween. I feel that the only reason that there aren't any haggises on sale yet is that they have to get Xmas out of the way first. I await the first suggestion that Burns Night is moved from January to June to avoid this problem.

didnt you spot the easter eggs , they were just round the corner :disturbd: :disturbd:

greencreeper
04-10-2004, 21:27
Yes - I noticed with a sinking feeling the lights had gone up all over town. I work at one side of town and the bus stop to get the bus home is at the other. I have to wade through shoppers - does my head in. Christmas is going to be a nightmare :(

Bex
04-10-2004, 21:40
boots started getting their christmas products out in august.... was not impressed.
and i've been put in charge of putting our christmas decorations up this week. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

they are making us put up "mistletoe friezes" whatever they are, just hope it isn't obviously mistletoe otherwise no doubt the dirty old men will be trying to get kisses out of us :erm:

TigaSefi
04-10-2004, 21:54
What Boots u at then bex ? :p:

Mal
10-11-2004, 19:53
Spotted a house that's already got their decorations up.:Yikes: We're not even half way into November and I don't when they put them, so it could have been even earlier! :erm: :)

Bex
10-11-2004, 20:04
What Boots u at then bex ? :p:
now that would be telling. :p:

put our decorations up at work two weeks ago... they are tacky and not christmasy at all.. just got to wait for the carols to be continuously on :erm:

ba humbug

Scrubbs
10-11-2004, 20:16
Bah Humbug indeed, as Bex said,:mad:

It looks like I am going to be going back to work after my hernia op for christmas and new year AND my anniversery AGAIN :mad:

Electrolyte01
10-11-2004, 20:18
Christmas? BAH! I hate christmas, I can never sleep.

paulyoung666
10-11-2004, 20:25
Christmas? BAH! I hate christmas, I can never sleep.

your not still waiting up trying to catch santa out are you :erm: :D :D

:( couldnt resist :D :D

dilli-theclaw
10-11-2004, 20:26
I don't like christmas either - it always reminds me of who's NOT there with me :(....

But I try to make the best of it for those who ARE there.

p.s. Buxom woman and I have been doing homework all year and are already sick of the sight of advent calanders :)

Electrolyte01
10-11-2004, 20:30
your not still waiting up trying to catch santa out are you :erm: :D :D

:( couldnt resist :D :D
Cheeky git :mad: :D :D