PDA

View Full Version : Working from home

Russ
13-08-2003, 17:34
I'm thinking of starting a small business working from home and was wondering if anyone can give any suggestions.

I'm not interested in any schemes which offer 'unlimited' earnings and all that pants. The money I make will go towards my daughter's account and I'm looking to make around £40 or £50 per week.

My sister once tried Kleeneze and Betterware etc and all I can say to that rubbish is 'no thanks'.

I'm not desperate for money and I thought it would be a good idea to build up a nest egg for her. I already work full time so it would have to be something I could fit in to my usual routine.

Any ideas peeps? :)

cjll3
13-08-2003, 17:38
Do you look good in a mini skirt and stockings?

ok .. maybe not ...

Any good at fixing things? Building stuff? Looking after children?

Mr_love_monkey
13-08-2003, 17:46
You could raise pigmy Elephants - they're always popular... :)

Have you looked at this
site (http://www.homebusinessopportunities.co.uk/) ? it's probably a con, but you never know...

Failing that you could set up a company that tells people how to make money from working at home - you get them to send you a tenner, in return for which you will tell them the secret.. which is of course 'Do like I do...'

Russ
13-08-2003, 18:34
Originally posted by cjll3
Any good at fixing things? Building stuff? Looking after children?

Building things...yeah I spose.

Looking after children? Only the ones called Alyssa.... :D

annao
03-02-2006, 19:48
Hi,

You could do what I do, especially if you have kids! I sell usborne books, lovely stuff and so far going very well indeed and lots of fun, works las a book party or going to playgroups etc, or selling through your schools which is where the real money is!

If you're interested let me know!

Hom3r
03-02-2006, 20:00
Don't forget working from home you will need to be compliant to the same health and safety regs as at any place of work.

One manager where I worked had about £3000 spent on his home office, this included all the furniture and the lighting

Enuff
03-02-2006, 20:31
there's always ebay, I know, some people just dont like it. but I know a few people who are earning a good few quid from it selling all sorts of things.

The only problem I have with ebay is the amount they charge. ebay make the money it costs for you to sell something (thats ok), plus they have an end of sale fee, and if you manage to sell your item and the buyer pays you via paypal (also owned by ebay) they charge you for that too.

saying all that, it can be a fun way of making a few extra pounds, the only time you spend doing the job is to advertise the item, and when it sells, wrap it and send it. plus just keep checking in between. I got rid of most of my bric-a-brac on there very quickly. all from the cumfort of my home. It's good when I've picked up a bargain from the local market and sell it for a good profit on ebay. its true what they say, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Pia
03-02-2006, 22:41
Yeah i agree, eBay is ideal for what you want to do Russ. Just as long as you aren't like me and bid all your earnings away:D :rofl:

danielf
03-02-2006, 22:45
We do realise that this thread was started some 2.5 years ago don't we? And actually, seeing it got the grand number of 3 replies at the time, it didn't gather a great deal of interest...

Pia
03-02-2006, 22:52
We do realise that this thread was started some 2.5 years ago don't we? And actually, seeing it got the grand number of 3 replies at the time, it didn't gather a great deal of interest...

LOL i so didn't look at thathttps://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/02/8.gif

Enuff
03-02-2006, 22:54
We do realise that this thread was started some 2.5 years ago don't we? And actually, seeing it got the grand number of 3 replies at the time, it didn't gather a great deal of interest...I blame annao :D

annao
04-02-2006, 09:51
Whoops, I ma but a new girl! God knows how I managed to find a page from so long ago! Must brush up my forum skills!

Sorry!

patrickp
04-02-2006, 16:29
Well, keeps it interesting, annao. Welcome to the forum!

SMHarman
04-02-2006, 18:17
Or more to the point - Russ did you ever start this up?