PDA

View Full Version : HSE regarding lone women calling on private homes at night

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 15:23
Does anyone know the HSE law regarding a lone woman carrying large quantites of cash, having to work alone calling on customers who have not paid their loan repayments?

I am sure the law states that in cases like this you need to have people in pairs......even the police are in pairs these days.

cjll3
13-08-2003, 16:12
Urm none that I know of.

All employers must carry out a risk assesment, and inform the employee of the risks, and provide safety equipment in order to reduce risks.

Where ever possible people should not work alone at a premises in case of an accident. However this is not a hard and fast rule.

Russ
13-08-2003, 16:14
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Does anyone know the HSE law regarding a lone woman carrying large quantites of cash, having to work alone calling on customers who have not paid their loan repayments?

Actually I think the feminists have shot themselves in the foot over this - there isn't any provision for women working alone like this...

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 18:09
Originally posted by Russ D
Actually I think the feminists have shot themselves in the foot over this - there isn't any provision for women working alone like this...

I said women purely because thats how I see it, but it could have included men also.