PDA

View Full Version : dont let kids play with phones

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 14:51
well i had a fun night last night , i thought i would ring my mate from work up who is on the sick with a very badly sprained ankle , when the phone was answered all i could hear was laboured breathing , ummmmmmm summat not right here methinks :erm: , so i try again and got the same response :erm: , right i thought , i will nip round and see what is going on , when i get there the house is in darkness and no reply at the door :erm: , i head off home and ring again , same response :erm: , so i ring the police and explain the situation , ok they said we will send someone round , my wife decides to go round and see if she can get a response , nothing , the police and paramedics turn up and cant get a response , out comes the battering ram :disturbd: , you can see where this is leading cant you :Yikes: , in goes the door :shocked: , and they cant find anyone in the house :erm: , after i called round there today it turns out that one of the grand kids had been playing with the house phone and had managed to record himself breathing and nothing else , so when i rang up that was what i got :disturbd: , fortunately my mate is cool about it and we have had a laugh about it , i couldnt have done anything except what i did , if i hadnt called the police and someone had been in trouble how would i have felt :Yikes: , all's well that ends well i suppose :D :D :D :D

Marge
03-10-2004, 14:58
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 15:01
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

glad you found it amusing , i still feel sick at the thought of it now :( :D :D :D :D

Maggy
03-10-2004, 15:05
Sorry pauly but it's hysterically funny.I'm wetting myself here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 15:08
Sorry pauly but it's hysterically funny.I'm wetting myself here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

your right , i am just glad it was alright in the end and not someone in trouble :erm: :D :D :D

zoombini
03-10-2004, 15:15
Funnily enough almost exactly the same was happening to me last week.
I was combing the phone books looking for a local builder (non seem to live in my town?) and one I rang was only giving me heavy breathing every time I rang.
So I too rang the police who went round.

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 15:17
see i am not alone in my mad little world :tu: :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Halcyon
03-10-2004, 17:41
I think you did the right thing.
You couldnt know if he was dead or alive so :tu:.
Good you laughed it off and all is now well.

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 18:13
I think you did the right thing.
You couldnt know if he was dead or alive so :tu:.
Good you laughed it off and all is now well.

that was the way i looked at it as well :)

zoombini
03-10-2004, 18:31
That is what I thought.

Tough on the guy if he was just not answering his plumbers calls, he "may" have been in trouble.

Shan't be using him as a plumber though..lol

greencreeper
03-10-2004, 18:36
I dialled 999 when I heard movement in the supposedly empty cafe beneath my flat. Turned out they had the decorators in. Oh the embarrassment :blush:

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 18:44
I dialled 999 when I heard movement in the supposedly empty cafe beneath my flat. Turned out they had the decorators in. Oh the embarrassment :blush:

but surely a red face was better than a dead person or whatever :disturbd: :D :D :D

greencreeper
03-10-2004, 18:48
but surely a red face was better than a dead person or whatever :disturbd: :D :D :D
You didn't see how the coppers looked at me :(

Marge
03-10-2004, 18:53
One of the girls who used to work at our place was talking to a chap. Suddenly she heard a bang and moaning and then the line went quiet. She was shouting his name but couldn't get any response. After a quick check with the t/l she phoned the police for his area, after a lot of debating they finally agreed to send someone round to the chaps house. They ended up breaking the door down and found the poor chap dead, heart attack or something similar. So have to agree that you did the right thing but was still funny though Paul :D :D :D

Chris
03-10-2004, 19:13
It's more common than you think. Mrs T managed to re-record our answerphone the other week, with a nice little soundtrack of Jr T screaming his lungs out. There's me, cruising up the M1 and phoning home (hands free!!!) to find out if I should pick anything up on the way home, and the line is answered to the sounds of screaming blue murder, followed by the line going quiet. I nearly swerved the car into the next lane ... :disturbd:

I worked out what had happened when I phoned back and got exactly the same thing. Phew.

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 19:36
OMG!!!!! I told Paul that kids do this sort of thing all the time!!! just thank god our little monsters dont know to work ours or where it is tee hee!!!!!! But he still feels like poo and a bit on the low side, but you have just managed to cheer him up, cheers Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Allie Pauls demon wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homealone
03-10-2004, 19:49
OMG!!!!! I told Paul that kids do this sort of thing all the time!!! just thank god our little monsters dont know to work ours or where it is tee hee!!!!!! But he still feels like poo and a bit on the low side, but you have just managed to cheer him up, cheers Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Allie Pauls demon wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell him not to let it get him down, Allie - we know how big hearted he is, no shame for caring enough to do summat, rather than just ignore it. :tu:

- hiya btw, nice to meet you :)

Nidge
03-10-2004, 19:50
The moral of the story is keep the phone out of the way. :D :D :D

Ramrod
03-10-2004, 19:54
glad you found it amusing , i still feel sick at the thought of it now :( :D :D :D :Dpmsl over here :D

Chimaera
03-10-2004, 19:55
Allie - come on, register in your own right and keep that man off the PC - your forum needs you!!!! And we could always do with a few more ladies on here.......
BTW my Paul has had a few mystery calls to his mobile lately - turns out it was his niece/nephew playing with mummy's mobile! Wouldn't like to see the bill when they get it in! :Yikes:

Maggy
03-10-2004, 19:59

He gave me one of the two best laughs I've had all day AND he was a hero. :D

Electrolyte01
03-10-2004, 20:02
PMSL. Very funny :D

Ramrod
03-10-2004, 20:03
OMG!!!!! I told Paul that kids do this sort of thing all the time!!! just thank god our little monsters dont know to work ours or where it is tee hee!!!!!! But he still feels like poo and a bit on the low side, but you have just managed to cheer him up, cheers Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Allie Pauls demon wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Did they really batter down the door? :disturbd: :rofl:

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 22:11
Did they really batter down the door? :disturbd: :rofl:

apparently they did , but i must admit to being more than a little surprised to see how little damage was done to a supposedly secure upvc door :erm: , especially when my mate said that it still locked as well :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:

Electrolyte01
03-10-2004, 23:40
apparently they did , but i must admit to being more than a little surprised to see how little damage was done to a supposedly secure upvc door :erm: , especially when my mate said that it still locked as well :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd:
I bet he's thinking of charging you the damage done to it :D

paulyoung666
03-10-2004, 23:46
I bet he's thinking of charging you the damage done to it :D

ok , i bet you the repair price that he isnt , still feel confident ;)

Buxom_woman
04-10-2004, 01:47
My son is 3 and he knows who's mobile is going off and wether it is a text message or phone call!!! Having 4 in the house it takes me a while to realise who's it is yet alone wether text or call!!! lol

Maggy
04-10-2004, 08:05
My son is 3 and he knows who's mobile is going off and wether it is a text message or phone call!!! Having 4 in the house it takes me a while to realise who's it is yet alone wether text or call!!! lol

Completely off topic but....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Now you're back please stay!

Incog. :)

paulyoung666
04-10-2004, 08:15
Isnt it funny how kids know how to opperate those things!!!!! It took me 4 days how to work out, how access a voicemail!!!!!! By the time Paul had got to it, it had been erased!!!!!!! But back to the subject in hand. Our eldest son who is 8 went with me and found it very amusing when they produced the battering ram!!!!!! In fact he even wanted a go!!!Allie, Pauls demon Wife

Buxom_woman
05-10-2004, 02:11
Completely off topic but....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Now you're back please stay!

Incog. :)

Me been a busy woman. My son now at school 3 afternoons a week. Have started college in the evenings and also working and i do outwork. Don't seem to have enough hours in the day!!! lol. Will be staying here tho. :)

kronas
05-10-2004, 02:14
Me been a busy woman. My son now at school 3 afternoons a week. Have started college in the evenings and also working and i do outwork. Don't seem to have enough hours in the day!!! lol. Will be staying here tho. :)

glad to hear that ms buxom :erm: ;)