PDA

View Full Version : Rover 600

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 12:01
A friend of mine has a problem with his immobiliser does anyone know or can get a link to how to recode the remote and key to the red key .

Is it a simple procedure of switching things off and on as most alarms or is it only a rover dealer set up

Might be one for Russ this one

Happened after new car battery was fitted

SMHarman
13-08-2003, 12:29
Factory fitted?

Call the dealers and ask.

Is the immobiliser a transponder or does it have a battery in it (alarm/immobiliser)?

If the latter the coding may have got out of sequence. Shouldn't happen these days though.

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 12:46
It appears to be out of synch on the immobiliser the alarm works the key turns the starter the central locking works.

Russ
13-08-2003, 13:03
My immobiliser has a life of it's own too - what exactly is the problem?

If I set mine by turning the key it sometimes pops open again about 10 minutes later but if I lock it all up using the keyfob then it's fine.

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 13:07
Russ, 600 Ti battery went flat we replaced the battery now it appears the factory fitted immobiliser has tripped in but will not reset with the fob or the key.

Is there a sequence to re code everything or it it a tow to the dealers.

know some cars are switch on and off a switch ignition of remove fuse and reset everything. It will turn over but not start and it defo immobo not ECU.

We have the RED key so we can use that to recode if needed

Russ
13-08-2003, 13:14
Ouch - this sounds like a factory reset is needed, my brother in law had the same thing. He went back to the dealer and trust me, you don't want to know how much it cost.

Put it this way - set your budget for upwards of £200 :(

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 13:22
We have had discussions with the dealer on that it seems they are as expensive.
THE SEQUENCE is apprently pretty simple, a few switches on and off of the key. With other switches involved, but have not found it out yet . Apprently it is the same for ROVER 200 & 400 .

So if anyone can give the sequence its appreciated

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 14:17
found it russ its a good link for you also find it here (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16211&highlight=immobiliser)