PDA

View Full Version : NTL Cable Modem Registration

BiGgYsHoW
01-10-2004, 22:53
Hi there, I was wondering whether anybody could give me a run-down of my problems :)

I've just subsribed to NTLs 750k Broaband package 9 days ago, and as some people will probably be aware, the registration service is down at the moment, so I'm stuck with no Internet connection.

I've rang the Service Line endless times praying for someone to say it has been sorted, yet there's still a technical error. Thus I'm pretty ****ed off. I've also rang the customer service line, but as there's no phone line in my house, and it's costing me loads of money on my mobile, so I'd rather avoid this. So here's where you come in :)

The Installation CD keeps replying with the error, and so I know that's a dead end for me to keep pushing. But having done some research, i'm now aware of this other method of skipping the CD, and doing it manually through the http://80.5.178.26 address, which seems promising.

I'll give this a go when I return to my flat, but I've heard that there's a hitch at the Pin number situation, where newer pin numbers are only 8 digits? And this manual method requires 10 digits? Is this True? Please could anybody help me?

Hopefully I can get lucky and it registers for me in time for University on Monday, but just encase I have it wrong, could someone please inform me now :) Especially in regard to the Pin number length issue.

Thanks for your time,

BiGgYsHoW

scrotnig
01-10-2004, 23:07
The manual reg option should work for you if you're on Ethernet. If you're on USB you'll need to install the drivers manually from the CD first.

The PIN should go in no problem, I've talked through two such registrations today already.

If you're still having problems by Monday drop me a PM and I'll look into it for you.

Chris W
01-10-2004, 23:31
The PIN number for a cable modem, will be 8 digits, and start 12

The PID number for a set top box will be 10 digits, and start with 00

hope this clears up any confusion.

If you cannot register, and need some help i'll be in work tomorrow so drop me a PM.

BiGgYsHoW
02-10-2004, 09:09
The manual reg option should work for you if you're on Ethernet. If you're on USB you'll need to install the drivers manually from the CD first.

The PIN should go in no problem, I've talked through two such registrations today already.

If you're still having problems by Monday drop me a PM and I'll look into it for you.
Thanks alot Mark, much apprehiated :) I'll get back to you on Monday if nothing is happening ...

BiGgYsHoW

BiGgYsHoW
02-10-2004, 09:10
The PIN number for a cable modem, will be 8 digits, and start 12

The PID number for a set top box will be 10 digits, and start with 00

hope this clears up any confusion.

If you cannot register, and need some help i'll be in work tomorrow so drop me a PM.
Thanks alot monkeybreath, much apprehiated :) I'll get back to you on Monday if nothing is happening ...

BiGgYsHoW

Leftback
03-10-2004, 20:53
Hello everyone, my name is Leftback, I thought id join this forum to see if anyopne could help me...pllllleeeaassseee do lol.

My problem is this: I have been trying to register my borther's Broadband (750k xbox) but are having the invalid account information error - as seems everyone has!.

The thing is that i cant understand why ntl advertise Broadband for xbox without telling you that you need a computer to setup the broadband - i mean what about the people who have just have an xbox and think.. hmm I tihnk i go online.. i lll use ntl... it doesnt seem right that you have to then use a seperate computer to get things up and running - maybe they should use an alternative system, where they jsut activate it from their end - it would be easier wouldn't it???.

My brother decided to get broadband installed so he could use his xbox, he doesnt have a computer so i thought Id lend him mine to set it up. thus we have run into the registration problem - I was wondering whether I could register for him form my bb at my house? or does it need to be registered from his house using his modem?

Theres no news on when this problem is going to be fixed , i looked on the status page and it seems this problem is on going which doesnt feel me with great optimisim!

Thanks for any help in advance

Leftback