PDA

View Full Version : Ping Plotter...

Agent57
12-08-2003, 23:52
I've been having a little play with ping plotter (www.pingplotter.com) because I don't think my line quality is too good at the moment. The attached image indicates to me that the UBR is perhaps a little stretched, especially considering that the test was run over a sample of 150 traces at around 11:30pm - outside the normal peak hours. It's also interesting, that over the whole run, it is the UBR that has produced the highest spike :shrug:

Maybe I'm just being fussy and expect too much from the service but, when it was running good, the UBR ping was averaging under 10ms. I also think that to average 24ms to my UBR whilst it only takes a further 3ms to get all the way to the BBC is another good indication of a poorly router.

Anyone else want to give their view on the state of the test?

Download Failed (1)

Richard M
13-08-2003, 01:13
Looks fine to me. :shrug:

darant
13-08-2003, 01:15
Originally posted by Agent57
I've been having a little play with ping plotter (www.pingplotter.com) because I don't think my line quality is too good at the moment. The attached image indicates to me that the UBR is perhaps a little stretched, especially considering that the test was run over a sample of 150 traces at around 11:30pm - outside the normal peak hours. It's also interesting, that over the whole run, it is the UBR that has produced the highest spike :shrug:

Maybe I'm just being fussy and expect too much from the service but, when it was running good, the UBR ping was averaging under 10ms. I also think that to average 24ms to my UBR whilst it only takes a further 3ms to get all the way to the BBC is another good indication of a poorly router.

Anyone else want to give their view on the state of the test?

http://lymclan.gaming.multiplay.co.uk/temp/pplot.jpg

nout wrong with them? I was hitting over 3000 last week. :eek: