PDA

View Full Version : Your pets diets ???

bopdude
30-09-2004, 14:05
Just wondering what pets you have and what diet / foods do you give them.

I have 2 dogs, German Shepard and a jack Russel cross The GS is a pup 5 months so he's on 4 meals a day and the Jack helps himself, at the mo they get scrambled eggs for breakie, a tin of meat and bicuits each at lunch, rice pudding for a snack and a further meat and bicuits for last thing at night........ yes I think it's OTT but mother knows best ;) :p:

And the snake, he gets 1 small fuzzie and 2 pinkie's ( look it up ) :sick: twice a week, shortly to go on 2 fuzzie's twice a week.

What have you got and what do you feed them ???

Chris W
30-09-2004, 14:08
My fish gets the normal flakey stuff (when i remember!!)

Nugget
30-09-2004, 14:09
We've got two cats and they get fed (by me) twice a day - some variety of Whiskas / Go-Cat etc. They have two pouches each a day (one in the morning and one in the evening).

However, of the two, Pilchard seems to mostly survive on eating all of her toys (now that's a pleasant sight in the litter tray!), and Genghis orms around Mrs Nug until she gives him his own weight in biscuits (which might explain why he now weighs nearly as much as me!).

bopdude
30-09-2004, 14:15
My fish gets the normal flakey stuff (when i remember!!)
Low maintenace, I like that idea ;)

However, of the two, Pilchard seems to mostly survive on eating all of her toys .
Now whats that all about, the pups going through the same chewing phase, does he chew the bones and various toys bought for him ???? Don't be silly, he prefers chewing the back door's doorframe :confused: oh and is quite partial to plastic :Yikes:

orangebird
30-09-2004, 14:22
My cat gets tinned cat food (Felix/Whiskas in Jelly) and Go-Cat biscuits, water and milk, which she eats. But she seems to prefer anything on my plate to whats in her dish as she gets older. Pasta, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, scampi, crisps. Basically, she's a spoilt little cow. :D

gary_580
30-09-2004, 14:56
"We" have a pussy and i like to feed it as often as i can ;)

oppsss i mean he gets two sachets of wet meat a day and one helping of biscuits (iams or hills) too clean his teeth. Other than that its water only and the odd mouse, bird and he even caught a rabbit once as we live close to a country park where there are 1000's of them.

dilli-theclaw
30-09-2004, 14:58
You're supposed to FEED it as well :Yikes:

No seriously our fat cat gets a tin of cat food and always has water / cat biscuit out at all times.

Unfortunately the cats from next door on both sides also partake of our food - unless I catch them at it :)

daxx
30-09-2004, 16:42
1 GS Dog age ~14 yrs

eats 1 lge tin expensive dog food per day plus biscuits & water always available, though occasionally will have an 'I'm bored with this' and resort to eating the 29p (large tin) cheapo stuff.

Other dailys:-
1 (mini) pack Milky way stars or cadbury buttons
~18-24 maltesers

PLUS whatever we have for evening meal, must be on the dogs own plate, chopped to about 1/4" cubes size.

Weekly treats 2 Weetabix with full cream milk, Scrambled Egss (2off) and about two pints of milk per week.

Nasties: Cod liver oil capsules, neutraceuticals (stuff from the vets for his joints)

Spoilt, maybe just a bit :erm:

1 indian rosella and 1 cockatiel

cockatiel food, fresh fruit usually apple, water, fresh veg (carrot etc) on a Sunday and that seed stuff on a long stem (damn name of its gone) as well as bird treats from the pet shop, honey sticks and stuff like that.

Chimaera
30-09-2004, 20:42
Crikey - best not let my dog see that lot or she will want to move home!!
She has Tesco's own (what else ;) ) tinned dog food and biscuit mixer - she won't eat Eukanuba or Hill's! :D
I give her the occasional treat (Rask biscuits etc) but since a certain other forum member has taken up residence here she gets more than her fair share of treats (and walks I hasten to add! ;) )
She also loves fish, cheese, yogurt, cream - she has to have the empty cartons to finish off/play with or there is a sulking fit.
She also gets a small pack of Cadbury's chocolate buttons on her birthday courtesy of my Mum! :drool:

gary_580
30-09-2004, 20:53
She has Tesco's own (what else ;) ) tinned dog food and biscuit mixer - she won't eat Eukanuba or Hill's! :D
I give her the occasional treat (Rask biscuits etc) but since a certain other forum member has taken up residence here she gets more than her fair share of treats (and walks I hasten to add! ;) )
She also loves fish, cheese, yogurt, cream - she has to have the empty cartons to finish off/play with or there is a sulking fit.
She also gets a small pack of Cadbury's chocolate buttons on her birthday courtesy of my Mum! :drool:

Dont you let her have a chew on "his" leg ;)

The dog we had when i was a kid used to drool over rich tea biscuits

Stuart
03-10-2004, 19:05
Similar sort of diet to my dogs. Although they get either Butchers tripe (the tinned stuff, not actual tripe from the butchers) or Chappie instead of Tesco's own dog food. They do insist on Tesco's biscuit mixer though (they'll happily eat the Pedigree Chum biscuit mixer, but given the choice they go for Tescos).

As a side note, the family vet is also a friend of the family (and has my sister drooling as he is quite "a babe" as she puts it), and he actually told us that Chappie is the best food for dogs, as it is the least processed. I know it sounds odd having a family vet, but we have had dogs for nearly 30 years, and had two cats from before I was born. We have gone to the same practice ever since we moved here. The original vet sold the practice to the current vet when he retired.

The cat gets half a tin of Sainsburys cat food, or Felix (but this causes him to sulk). He will not eat Whiskas (or any cat food in gravy). He also gets milk to go with his dinner, and ocassionally has fish-flavoured biscuits as a treat (which the dogs also love).

From time to time, I give all three of them a chicken wing (raw) and this apparently helps them clean their teeth. If I do this, I reduce their portions of dog/cat food to compensate (don't want them getting fat).

Stuart
03-10-2004, 19:07
<snip>

1 indian rosella and 1 cockatiel
<snip>
I thought for a minute you meant you fed the rosella and the cockatiel to the dog... :erm: :D

Nidge
03-10-2004, 19:49
Well where do I start, 2 dogs get fed on high protien chicken mix the dry stuff 1 meal a day, 2 cats get a tin of Whiskers each a day, the fish get flake, bloodworm and high protien food every other day.

carlingman
03-10-2004, 23:35
Well Zac who is nearly 3 now and a pedigree German Shepherd is currently eating two to three tins of dog food and mixers per day.

If the misses is about she will feed him raw meat instead of the canned food but if i am there its Steak and Chips for me and Zac gets the tin of chum plus a handful of mixer :D

And if there are any German Shepherd lovers about or dog lovers in general this was sent to me a while ago from a friend who knew i had German Shepherd.

"A Dog's Ten Commandments"

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me - it's crucial to my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and you friends. I have only you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that, however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me - I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember that I love you.

Taken from here (http://www.seymour.freeuk.com/)

:tu:

orangebird
04-10-2004, 13:11
<snip>
Taken from here (http://www.seymour.freeuk.com/)

:tu:

Warning - do not use this link unless you're not embarrassed to cry at your desk or have a heart of stone.... :( :angel:

Stuart
04-10-2004, 13:37
Warning - do not use this link unless you're not embarrassed to cry at your desk or have a heart of stone.... :( :angel:
That link did remind me of a time I'd rather not remember. I had to take the decision to have our first yorkie (who was 17 at the time) put down. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make , and TBH, I hope I never have to make it again.