PDA

View Full Version : Computer Provisioning Logon?

thund3r
29-09-2004, 14:26
ok this is annoying me, ive been using a usb conenction into my main pc for years and then sharing it to my other 3 computers (3 pcs 1 mac) via a hub and it works fine. Then the other day i decided to buy a router, so i would have to have my pc on all the time. Now all it gives me is this computer Privisioning logon screen, and when i put my PID and Password it works, but when i add my pc name to the profile occasionally it fails, and i cant seem to get online.

If someone could help it would be greatfully apreciated.

cheers

darkangel
29-09-2004, 14:32
ok this is annoying me, ive been using a usb conenction into my main pc for years and then sharing it to my other 3 computers (3 pcs 1 mac) via a hub and it works fine. Then the other day i decided to buy a router, so i would have to have my pc on all the time. Now all it gives me is this computer Privisioning logon screen, and when i put my PID and Password it works, but when i add my pc name to the profile occasionally it fails, and i cant seem to get online.

If someone could help it would be greatfully apreciated.

cheershave u cloned the mac address?
what router do you have?

thund3r
29-09-2004, 14:41
not yet, and my router is a wired linksys

Chris W
29-09-2004, 15:19
The provisioning page is quite fussy about names you use, try using just pc1 .

When you have completed this reboot the stb, then router, then pcs. This should give you full access.

In this case there is little point cloning mac addresses because you are able to access provisioning successfully with the router in place.

thund3r
29-09-2004, 15:22
never mind its all sorted now, i finally found some1 on the ntl phone line who knew what i was on about and he helped me fix the problem. Even gave me his extension number if i had any other problems!

scrotnig
29-09-2004, 18:28
The provisioning page is quite fussy about names you use, try using just pc1 .

When you have completed this reboot the stb, then router, then pcs. This should give you full access.

In this case there is little point cloning mac addresses because you are able to access provisioning successfully with the router in place.
Indeed it is certainly fussy.

I've been known to suggest 'fred' which usually works and sounds suitably bizzarre and ridiculous.

BBKing
30-09-2004, 06:24
Never noticed it being fussy - can you PM me some examples of dodgy names? I generally use the PCs hostname or ethernet card name and it's always worked - is it numbers/non-alphabetical characters that muck it up? I know the people who run it, and can ask them.