PDA

View Full Version : Router Issue - Win XP - SP2

busterdan
28-09-2004, 12:02
Not really a NTL issue I know...or maybe it is?

But my Netgear RP614 router seems to have stopped responding to http://192.168.0.1 address... in other words my internal router admin address where I can check router status, upgrade firmware etc....

The only thing that seems to have changed is that I have installed XP SP2 on both my laptop and also main PC......I just get a page unavailable error. Internet pages are fine and the router seems OK, I have restarted it anyway and it come back OK with Internet Connectivity which leads me to think it is an XP specific (maybe internet security issue)

Though I haven't tried it yet, I do have some Linux Distro boot CD's so presumably they would allow me to connect to the router if the problem persists..

If anyone has come across a similar problem though I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

DAN

KevAmiga
28-09-2004, 12:05
Odd, i had a problem getting into my internal diagnostics on both Mozilla and IE : Turned out to be a proxy issue.

Can you get into the NTL cable modem internal diagnostics page?

busterdan
28-09-2004, 12:21
Hi Kev...I haven't tried and to be honest I have no idea what the address is for the internal diag page...I originally though it might be something silly like a pop up blocker or something but all that stuff is switched off.

I'm at work at the moment... but if you can tell me that address I will try tonight.

Cheers

KevAmiga
28-09-2004, 12:25
Internal CM diags are @ 192.168.100.1

My router is @ 192.168.1.1 ... different to yours.

busterdan
28-09-2004, 12:41
Cheers Kev...wil try that as a first step then:tu:

KevAmiga
28-09-2004, 12:54
No worries. Have seen that on some of the other forums report your internal diags different to what you specified here?

192.168.1.1 < try it.

goldoni
28-09-2004, 13:29
The only time I had the same problem not being able to access my router management page, I had set another proxy up without ticking the box ignore for local address. After the box was ticked I had full access without going back to the default proxy server. :)

busterdan
28-09-2004, 14:13
Will do Kev...

Good point to Goldoni...must admit that is something I'm not sure if I have checked.

KevAmiga
28-09-2004, 14:18
Id say check for proxy 1st, as posted above. Then try the alternate IP for the diags. I know the Linksys routers allow you to change the internal IP for the diags, have you changed yours?

busterdan
28-09-2004, 23:01
Hehe....really simple answer in the end..

A few weeks ago I added a Proxy server address as I was unable to access Yahoo mail without it. Initially I did not have bypass proxy for local addresses... so I ticked this on and tried to connect to the Netgear page... but nothing.

So I just removed the proxy address and hey presto, it works...and in fact so does Yahoo mail now... :D

Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

goldoni
29-09-2004, 09:08
Sorry my fault, you have to designate the address in the box provided. Then if you ever have need to change your proxy server you will still have access to your router, wap or modem management page :)