PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail oddness

nchampion
28-09-2004, 10:08
Hello all,

I have been trying you use Yahoo Mail (UK) with Internet Explorer for the last week and a half ( I was on holiday for 2 weeks prior to that).

As soon as I log in to Yahoo mail IE tries to download the login result rather than display it! I have tried 3 other machines all with the same problem! I have tried using 2 proxies directly (colchester )

When I use Opera all is well! (no proxies) :confused:
IE works fine at work and always used to work at home!

Any ideas?

Regards
Nigel

Chris
28-09-2004, 10:19
:welcome: to Cable Forum, Nigel. I can heartily recommend that you click the little graphic in my signature ;) In all honesty, I think it's the best thing you can do.

As for IE, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

MikeyB
28-09-2004, 13:05
Yahoo mail UK working fine for me, was last night at home, and right now at work.
Not had any problems with it, also using IE 6 and FireFox, both working fine with it.

Does it say what type of file it's trying to download?

nchampion
28-09-2004, 13:53
First post.. lots of lurking ;)

It doesn't say what type... but the location is the login page...

Could be my router IPcop... ?

Ta

pugwall_belfast
28-09-2004, 17:54
Ok, it is the NTL proxies that are the cause of the yahoo mail problem. Some proxies work ok, some don't.

I'd suggest you just go though a list of proxies until you find one that works. The belfast 7 one seems to be fine, for now

nchampion
04-10-2004, 22:04
Hmm this is getting silly!

I pick a proxy... works for a few days... then it stops!!

So I try Firefox... same problem...
But Opera still works ok?!

Nigel

MikeBrighton
07-12-2004, 14:18
Hi,
I have tried to login with yahoo with two different accounts.
One account works perfectly and the other brings up the download file box (It also happens on a btopenworld email account).
If I change the proxy settings both work ok.

From nchampion's post I can see it will stop working again in a few days, so what are ntl going to do about it ?
Presumably thousands of less techy people are suffering from this problem.

regards

Mike

Shaun
07-12-2004, 15:09
If its those damn proxies again then I'm afraid all I can suggest is having a look at www.adslguide.org for a new ISP. That's what I did :)

OinkyBoinky
07-12-2004, 22:19
how can u change proxys?

danielf
07-12-2004, 22:29
how can u change proxys?

Have a look at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html

Specifically the bit about 'setting a explicit web proxy in IE for Windows' (assuming you're using IE)

OinkyBoinky
08-12-2004, 00:00
hmmmm.... I use opera...