PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Fantasy League

Caspar
12-08-2003, 11:28
Anyone going to do this, it's free!

Available to access from 11th August 2003 over at play:more (http://www.xbox.com/uk/xboxfantasyleague.htm?det=1&nrmode=published&nroriginalurl=%2fuk%2fxboxfantasyleague&nrnodeguid=%7b17c5170f-198e-4092-9326-0850fac47a64%7d&nrcachehint=guest).

Jarandco
12-08-2003, 11:33
I signed up - ill be crap though - but oh well!

Caspar
12-08-2003, 11:37
I've just created a team...and named it NTHW-clan ;)

Jarandco
12-08-2003, 11:38
Originally posted by Caspar
I've just created a team...and named it NTHW-clan ;)

i did one called jarandco united ( crap name but oh well!)

Ur team better do well otherwise it will ruin are name!:p

Boom
12-08-2003, 11:38
It's free but I'm already in 2 pools and possibly a 3rd (I hated the Telegraph's site last year, that's why I'm hesitating on that one). Thanks for the info, but I'll pass.

Ste Riley
12-08-2003, 12:15
Seems like a bit of a scam to get all your personal details from you... plus it tells you it'll be used for marketing and there's no way to stop them from sending you rubbish.

http://www.freefantasyfootball.tv/ This place is a lot better and you dont have to give all your details.

My wonderful team playing on 3-4-3:

Tim Howard

Wayne Bridge | Marco Kurz | Denis Irwin

Zinedine Zidane | Nick Barmby | Joe Cole | David Beckham

Marco Delvecchio | Wayne Rooney | Shola Ameobi

Caspar
12-08-2003, 12:25
Originally posted by SteRiley
Seems like a bit of a scam to get all your personal details from you... plus it tells you it'll be used for marketing and there's no way to stop them from sending you rubbish.

http://www.freefantasyfootball.tv/ This place is a lot better and you dont have to give all your details.

My wonderful team playing on 3-4-3:

Tim Howard

Wayne Bridge | Marco Kurz | Denis Irwin

Zinedine Zidane | Nick Barmby | Joe Cole | David Beckham

Marco Delvecchio | Wayne Rooney | Shola Ameobi

David Beckham?..... :confused: did you mean Tez?

Caspar
12-08-2003, 12:26
Originally posted by SteRiley

i used my XBOX email addr anyway...so I can't see the harm...they already have my info!

Caspar
12-08-2003, 13:20
Is it me but couldn't MS have made a similar fantasy 'sales' league for the XBOX, and not hijack the Football game, that doesn't even have an XBL title going for it!!!

Ok here's how the XBOX Fantasy Sales League works (c) Caspar/nthw

This is on a per week arrangement:

1. Goalie is replaced the a similar main saver...the XBOX console global sales. Listed by country, the player must choose one country it thinks will achieve the best sales. A multiplyer will apply as follows:

US&C - times 1
Germany - times 2
France - times 3
UK - times 4
Australia - times 10
Japan - times 100

etc...

2. Then each field line is replaced with a gaming genre, but limted to a final 3, out of the many.

a. Defence example - FPS instead of Defence and choose 4 titles
with an associated multiplyer per game title. This is then times by the weekly sales for that game

etc... you get the jist!

What do you think? :D

Jarandco
12-08-2003, 13:30
Originally posted by Caspar
Is it me but couldn't MS have made a similar fantasy 'sales' league for the XBOX, and not hijack the Football game, that doesn't even have an XBL title going for it!!!

Ok here's how the XBOX Fantasy Sales League works (c) Caspar/nthw

This is on a per week arrangement:

1. Goalie is replaced the a similar main saver...the XBOX console global sales. Listed by country, the player must choose one country it thinks will achieve the best sales. A multiplyer will apply as follows:

US&C - times 1
Germany - times 2
France - times 3
UK - times 4
Australia - times 10
Japan - times 100

etc...

2. Then each field line is replaced with a gaming genre, but limted to a final 3, out of the many.

a. Defence example - FPS instead of Defence and choose 4 titles
with an associated multiplyer per game title. This is then times by the weekly sales for that game

etc... you get the jist!

What do you think? :D Yes that could work - email someone - possibly someone high up.... could work and you could get loads of free stuff!:D