PDA

View Full Version : Getaway in Paris - very stoopid video of very stoopid biker

Gareth
27-09-2004, 00:42
Has anyone seen this before.....?

ftp://ftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/other/movies/getaway%20in%20paris%20(motorbike).asf
(you might need to download rather than stream it)

It's kinda like the GhostRider series, except this guy is even crazier. Apparently it's a race to cross Paris in the shortest time - he did it approx 11mins. Having lived in Paris, I know the road he was taking and there's no way I'd even ride at half that speed! The guy's a nutter.

punky
27-09-2004, 01:37
There are loads of these kinds of videos. Getaway In Paris, Getaway In Stockholm, etc.

A lot of these people are real stunt drivers. Noones perfect, especially driving under those conditions, but they aren't just regular people.

When I was in Florida, I used to go to "Rung What You Brung" nights because of my two brother's cars, and they had bikes there. Just regular guys/girls, who had Heyabusas, decided to race each other down a drag strip, for no money, with no insurance. They are the true psychos. They were clocking low 10's with trap speeds in 150s+. You had to have a helmet of course, but most were racing in jeans and stuff. If you hit the ground at 100-150, jeans won't last long before you skin starts to disappear too.

They were truely psycho. One funny aside was that one guy's 'Busa was actually faster than an ethanol pro-drag bike that turned up. He ran 9.5-9.6 consistantly.

Gareth
27-09-2004, 02:04
<snip> You had to have a helmet of course, but most were racing in jeans and stuff. If you hit the ground at 100-150, jeans won't last long before you skin starts to disappear too.</snip> There's a funny quote somewhere on the web about riding at these kind of speeds without a helmet, that goes along the lines of "the difference between wearing a helmet and not wearing one is the difference between an open or a closed coffin" :D :D :D

altis
27-09-2004, 10:07
The Black Prince averages 192 km/h (= 120mph) if my German is correct.

Jeez, that gave me the willys - especially when he was accelerating over a brow into a tunnel.

It looks like the clip was taken from an RTL TV programme. Mainstream TV? Now that is reckless!

TigaSefi
27-09-2004, 10:32
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13229517,00.html

Ramrod
27-09-2004, 10:48
It reminded me of playing 'Road Rash' :disturbd:

Chris
27-09-2004, 10:55
There are loads of these kinds of videos. Getaway In Paris, Getaway In Stockholm, etc.

A lot of these people are real stunt drivers. Noones perfect, especially driving under those conditions, but they aren't just regular people.

When I was in Florida, I used to go to "Rung What You Brung" nights because of my two brother's cars, and they had bikes there. Just regular guys/girls, who had Heyabusas, decided to race each other down a drag strip, for no money, with no insurance. They are the true psychos. They were clocking low 10's with trap speeds in 150s+. You had to have a helmet of course, but most were racing in jeans and stuff. If you hit the ground at 100-150, jeans won't last long before you skin starts to disappear too.

They were truely psycho. One funny aside was that one guy's 'Busa was actually faster than an ethanol pro-drag bike that turned up. He ran 9.5-9.6 consistantly.
And in English for the rest of us please? :p: