PDA

View Full Version : No Sygate Firewall with SP2

caveman
26-09-2004, 19:12
I've just installed Service Pack 2. Problem is that my Sygate Firewall will not work even after a reinstallation. I am unable to do a system restore either (to any restore point)
What is the solution please. Should I stick with Windows Firewall, uninstall the SP2 or is there a solution

Scrubbs
26-09-2004, 19:26
do a search, there is a big thread somewhere i think:)

swoop101
26-09-2004, 19:50
My Sygate personal works ok with sp2 but windows security does not recognise it.
Is the security stopping it running?
Check in control panel/security center and set firewall to 'I have my own' under recomendations, then give it another go.

LukaBuka
01-07-2005, 18:58
I've just installed Service Pack 2. Problem is that my Sygate Firewall will not work even after a reinstallation. I am unable to do a system restore either (to any restore point)
What is the solution please. Should I stick with Windows Firewall, uninstall the SP2 or is there a solution

Sygate is OK, but there are better firewalls available, like Kerio or ZoneAlarm. I used them both and loved them. I now switched to Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro (http://www.deprice.com/outpostfirewallpro.htm), which is superior, so you might want to try that too. No XP comatibility issues with any service packs

ntl customer
01-07-2005, 19:09
My Sygate personal works ok with sp2 but windows security does not recognise it.
Is the security stopping it running?
Check in control panel/security center and set firewall to 'I have my own' under recomendations, then give it another go.

Or if you know what you're doing, then kill the security centre all together. Then you won't have it complaining about the lack of a firewall even if it's not been detected. If Sygate says it's running, then you should be OK - the security centre just will kick up a fuss.