PDA

View Full Version : PS2 on NTL (how to do it)

Tyrellius
25-09-2004, 16:33
OK I just got my network adapter today, and hey I slap it in my PS2 and I can't connect, if I reset box, yes I'm using the NTL box not modem, anyway I can do some teset but still no connection, I call NTL, sorry you must pay 26.99 so £2 extra to go on net with us, I'm like hmm, ok whatever, till I learned that the PS2 has a different MAC then my PC and since teh PS2 don't have a browser I can't register the modem, well them I'm like screw them I'm not paying £2, jammy *******s, so I do seome searching and guess what, well lets make this simple:

Start your setup on your PS2, make sure u write down your MAC ie :00:00:FF:11:EE:5F

Then go on kazaa or emule/edonkey whatever and download a program called: SMAC 1.2 Full version, I got the 1.2 version but I guess other versions should work.

This is official site, but only the trial version is available, which will not let you change your MAC:

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

So once you have the software install it run it and change you MAC, reset BOX then just either reset pc or disable connection and enable connection.

Now your PC will have same ID as your PS2, just go to www.ntlworld.com and register the new MAC, make sure you have your PID and Password for NTL.

Your PS2 should now go on the net with no problem, no need for routers and such.

I don't play my PS2 online that much so I don't see point in wasting money on a router or hub or even paying NTL £2 a month.

Hope it helps.

paulyoung666
25-09-2004, 16:40
hi and :welcome: to the site , its a shame that you have had to resort to piracy to make this happen , never mind , enjoy your stay here , just watch out for the ppl who dont condone piracy ;)

Tezcatlipoca
25-09-2004, 17:05
:welcome:

That is certainly one way to do it.

Although you shouldn't illegally obtain SMAC, or any other software :nono:

Another alternative is to simply change the MAC of your PC's network card to the PS2's MAC manually. Some let you do this quite easily.

Tyrellius
25-09-2004, 20:23
Well I'm sorry but my network card doesn't support manual MAC change, and it seems that the software I mentioned was the only one that did it, considering it was so easy to do it.

I only used the software once, if they should allow 4 days trial or something ok, but they don't, they just let you change the MAC to some default one, besides I never said I got this SMAC illegaly, did I, oh no.... I didn't my friend had it, he gave it to me, my version is full version legal software, used one time only not for making profit or reselling, I just suggested what others could do, people that don't wanna pay.

:) what can I say, they give us the tools, then blame us:) hey I'm poor student, I can't afford to waste money. Plus NTL could easily do it for us or tell us how to, without charging any money, at the end of day my family is paying almost £100 a month to them including telephone and cable, so... sorry but wasting over 1 hour on phone to get "Sorry we don't support this, you must pay for us to tell you how" like £80 to £100 a month is not enough, they charge more then BT and SKY anyhow.

lol everyone have a nice time:) I'm just saying what you can do, not forcing anyone to do it, I'm here to post information:)

P.S. there are a lot of World of Warcraft and Lineage 2 and other online game emulators, people don't wanna pay for something not worth or something they fell should come automatically with the money they already pay.

paulyoung666
25-09-2004, 20:36
have fun here , just watch out for peeps who will bite lumps out of you ;) :D :D :D

gary_580
25-09-2004, 21:50
i had this same problem. I also didnt think i'dplay my PS2 online much. Just looked at my PS2 and it says ive played it online for 18 hours in the past 2 weeks :Yikes:

Tyrellius
28-09-2004, 21:13
hmm how u check the ammount of time online??